Embracing The Magic

Lena's fingers pull at the pages of the spell book in front of her. She's desperate, desperate to find something that will work.

It was exhausting at this point. This dance she and Kara had been doing for weeks, years maybe. But now that Lena has finally realized that her feelings for the blonde weren't so... platonic, it's harder than ever to watch them blatantly avoid it.

Lena is in love with Kara. And it's agony.

Lena has tried to make some advancements. Light touches, flirting that has become only more blatant. And Kara has taken them all so naturally. That's the most frustrating part. Kara doesn't seem to understand, she's too friendly, too nice. Frankly, that's what she loves most about Kara, her kindness spreads far and always brings warmth wherever she is.

But sometimes, sometimes she wishes the bubbling blonde would be a little more... assertive. Lena can only do so much.

And it's not like it's one sided. Everyone has assured Lena that is not the case. Nia jokes about it all the time, singing something about being five feet apart before Alex shushes her while Kelly gives Lena a look of sympathy. Even Sam, who visits on occasion, tells her there's no way Kara doesn't share Lena's feelings.

But no amount of playing footsies under the table or cuddling during movie night seems to make Kara any more inclined to ask Lena out.

Hex of Passion

Lena's finger points at the spell, sticking to it like glue.

When directed at a person, the target will act on their passions toward the spellcaster.

The words spin in Lena's head. A love spell. Well, basically a love spell. Act on their passions suggests that her target should act on feelings they already have. And that should be okay, right?

Lena rolls the Latin words under her breath, practicing the pronunciation of the incantation.

Spellcaster beware: targets of this spell have been said to be determined and at times commanding. Once this hex takes effect, it will last for a duration of 8 hours or until dispelled. 

The warning sits low in Lena's gut. Beware of what? Kara's possibly intense feelings for her? She'd kill for Kara to be more determined and commanding. If anything, it's exactly what she needs.

Lena closes the book, sending dust spiraling through the air. If anything goes wrong, she'll simply dispel the hex and everything will return to... normal.

Heaving the spell book into her arms, she slides it into the bookshelf. Lena had to get ready for game night.

-------

Game night was going the same as always. Lena and Kara wiped out everyone in charades. Lena had been winning Monopoly until Alex started making secret deals with people to take her down. Except Kara, who sold Lena Park Place for a mere thirty dollars so the former could build a single house.

Once Lena eventually took over a majority of the board, everyone was forced to declare her the winner. With a smug smirk, Lena announced she was going to open another bottle of wine.

In the kitchen, she has a clear view of the living room. She could see Kara, giggling along with the group and singing quietly along to the music.

Lena twists the corkscrew into the cork. For a moment she considers if what she's going to do is wrong. The cork slides out with a pop. She pours another glass for herself before looking up at the blonde. There's an empty space next to her, reserved for Lena.