Something tender and unhibited

Despite them having a chosen designated place to live in, where they eat and sleep together, on some days Lena stays at Kara's loft. It's a little chaotic—their living arrangements since Kara still has most of her items in her own home, but it's not that complicated.

Lena's okay with sleeping anywhere, as long as she's with Kara.

When she gets home, it's late. Just two hours before midnight. Opening Kara's door with one of Kara's spare keys, she enters and immediately gets rid of her heels.

She hangs her coat on the coat hanger and sets down her handbag on the table. The lights are already on, but dimmed. She doesn't know if Kara's asleep, there's no sound coming from the other side of the loft, so she does everything quietly, preparing to get comfortable. In the bathroom, she changes into more cozy wear and wipes away her makeup, carrying out her night routine.

When everything's done, heading towards the bed, she sees that Kara's actually been awake all this time. Her girlfriend's in bed, reading a book with earphones on.

"Oh—Lena!" Kara says, the moment she notices Lena. She sets down her book and earphones.

"Hey," Lena greets, slipping into bed to join her girlfriend.

"How did your meeting go?"

"It went perfectly. I'm excited for what's coming from the connection I made," Lena answers, loosening her hair tie and letting her hair down. She slips the tie over her wrist. "Have you eaten, my love?"

"I'm glad to hear that," Kara says, grinning, small and soft. "And yeah, I have! Have you eaten?"

"Yes."

Kara nods in acknowledgement. Lena looks at her, considering.

"So, about your texts earlier," Lena mentions, and smoothly places a leg over Kara. She straddles Kara's hips, her palm flat on Kara's abdomen.

"Oh, about that." Kara flushes, shaking her head. "Lena. It's not a big deal. I was just being dramatic."

"Darling," Lena murmurs, tilting her head. She tucks her hair behind her ear as she looks at Kara, then begins unbuttoning her shirt. "Don't say that. I'm really sorry you had a bad day. Do you want to see my tits?"

Kara completely stills, jaw going slack. It takes her a moment to respond.

"That's—that's been scientifically proven to help," she replies slowly, nodding gravely and paying close attention to Lena's deft fingers as they go down each button. "That would be very thoughtful of you. Therapy is expensive. Looking at your, uh—"

Lena waits for Kara to say it. Kara's mouth closes and opens. Closes and opens again, her face going red. How cute. For someone who says words like 'golly' and 'heck' it's unsurprising to see her girlfriend struggle to use language that rests on vulgarity.

"My...?" Lena prompts, delighted. She halts her unbuttoning, causing Kara's face to drop.

"Your, your ti—" Kara tries again, and she's looking to her left and right, before deciding to finally go in for it, "—your honkers..." Her voice is weak. "Honka honkas. Bazookas. Chachas. Tig ol' bitties. Jugs. Tatas. Hadonkadonkas—Lena, noo, stop laughing!"

So fucking cute. Lena's breathless from laughter, terribly, terribly endeared.

"Right," Lena drawls, smiling. She arches an eyebrow, deciding to tease her more. "But I recall you mentioning something about being dramatic earlier. Do you really need this?"

"I absolutely do!" Kara nods her head, fast. "Not being dramatic. My day was truly awful, the worst day ever. Only your gazongas can fix me."

"Oh my god." Lena chuckles, heart warm warm warm, gaze fixed on Kara. "Dork. I adore you so much."