Chapter Twenty

After a quick nap, Gyda asked me to get Skye for her last feeding before the night

After a quick nap, Gyda asked me to get Skye for her last feeding before the night. Her breasts hurt and by the second round of fucking, when she was on top and her big breasts were bouncing up and down, they had started leaking so badly, one shot milk right at my face. Gyda had been so ashamed, which was nonsense. I told her I didn't mind and wasn't grossed out by any of her bodily fluids, certainly not the milk that nurtures my own flesh and blood.

Returning to the dining hall, I found my girl in Jarla's arms. Being held by such a giant of a man made her look smaller than ever.

He smirked when he saw me, surely wanting to comment on the flush that was still visible on my cheeks after those two intense rounds of fucking. I don't think I'd ever come so hard and so much before. I felt damn drained—in the best possible way, of course.

I growled at Jarla when he opened his mouth to speak. "Dare to mock me and I will punch your ugly-ass face."

"Now, now, commander," he huffed. "Is that a way to thank me for taking care of your girl? I even cleaned her after she took a crap."

"You'll be cleaning up a lot more crap when your bairns finally decide to come out," I answered, widening my arms so I could take over Skye. "Really, what a pair of lazy ones are they?"

"I know..." Jarla sighed when he gave Skye to me, as gently as he could. "Maybe I should shout at her belly. You got Happ to come out that way..."

I shook my head at the memory.

"Anyway," Jarla said, "I had to wash and change your girl because she shat so much that it came drizzling out of her pants. And then Betsy refused to help me clean up, saying it was 'good practice.'" he mimicked her shrill voice during the last two words.

"Well, Betsy was right," I replied, right as she joined us. "Ah, speaking of the witch."

"Aren't I always right?" she demanded.

Jarla pulled up an eyebrow. "Bullshit, woman. You just didn't wanna clean the shit yourself."

"I have cleaned up crap thousands of times! As if little Skye's poo would scare me away!" she screamed, then rolled her eyes, right before she turned her back to Jarla and looked at me. "Oh, Skye did so well, Orvar."

"Good." I kissed one of my daughter's chubby cheeks. Satisfaction was written all over her face, letting me know my brothers and sisters had taken good care of her. "I didn't expect otherwise."

"And how were things for you?" Betsy asked, wiggling her light-blond eyebrows. "Did you treat her momma well? I think so, because you look a bit tired, commander."

"That's none of your business, you nosy woman."

As Betsy chuckled, Jarla huffed.

"So she won't get punched in the face for making comments?" he asked. "But I will? That doesn't seem fair."