Chapter 6 - The Becoming

Chapter 6 – The Becoming

The trio swooped back into the ill lit reception of Malfoy Manor as Hermione went tumbling to the side as she began to shake and sweat with unease.

The atmosphere churned with trepidation. Voldemort examined the tormented witch as she attempted to fight the dark force ravishing her body,

"And so it begins" one of the Death Eater's smiled darkly. The crowd stood back, cautiously admiring the first stages of Hermione's transformation with gleeful fascination.

Hermione groaned in agony, struggling to control herself,

"It's ripping apart my insides" she cried.

A dark smoky mass swirled around and surrounded Hermione. Draco stood beside his morphing lover and attempted to hold onto her quivering shoulders from behind, while the others watched on intently,

"It's going to be an interesting night. Take her up upstairs and restrain her and do not let her be reminded of anything from her past" Voldemort ordered sternly, vigilantly watching the absorbing mass with concern.

Faces from Hermione's past, screamed and moaned as they struggled to escape the restricting ball of gloom. Groaning liquid silhouettes of Ron, Harry, Dumbledore and her parents stretched and pulled as they were sucked back into the developing mist without mercy.

Hermione's vision became blurred, leaving her to lash out as she tried to find a familiar face to help her.

Her anxious demeanour agitated the other Death Eater's, leaving them to back away from the crumbling witch as she wailed around frantically,

"What is happening to me?" She screamed.

The murky smokiness began to fill the room before Voldemort attempted to absorb the mystifying smog into his wand without success,

"Get her out of here!" He yelled from behind the dense mist.

Hermione's legs began to feel heavy as she struggled to stay upright and went tumbling to her knees with a thud.

Streams of fire shot from her blackened eyes without warning. The volatile fiery bolts lashed out at the other vision less Death Eater's, as they jumped out of the way to avoid they're fiery demise.

Draco shot Voldemort a look of panic,

"Take her now" Voldemort shouted again, this time more determined to get the dangerous witch away from him and out of the fog filled foyer.

Draco jumped backed from his unpredictable lover as he felt her creamy skin begin to crack and split beneath his trembling fingers. 

He carefully felt around the thick fog and cautiously picked up the unbalanced witch. Draco guided her upstairs to the bedroom as she left a blazing trail of fire behind her, ensuring Voldemort knew that this was just the beginning of the unknown explosive evolution.

The other Death Eater's desperately tried to put out the flames as Voldemort ordered them back to the dining room to discuss new developments in his plan to invade Hogwarts.

The lovers reached the bedroom as the smoky veil evaporated into Hermione's changing frame,

"Do you think it will kill me, Draco?" She asked through strained pants.

Draco looked at his sweating lover with dread,

"You just have to be strong and try to maintain the thirst" he stuttered.

Hermione's body contracted uncontrollably. Shards of fire and lightning expelled from her cracked skin as Draco ran for his wand,

"I'm sorry but I have to do this" he whispered. He swung his wand into the air and pointed it to all four corners of the bed posts.