Chapter 15: An Encounter

TW: Harassment, fighting, blood, toxic behavior, bruises,

GEORGE POV

After getting shot by a water gun multiple times. I managed to make Tom fall somehow. And what did I do? Laugh obviously.

After a minute he got up and limped his way out of the room, flipping me off before he shut the door.

I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. That's when I remembered I didn't have extra clothes, and wearing the same one as yesterday was gross for me... especially since it's been like 2 days in a row.

I decided to check the room for any spare clothes and I found a light beige collusion sweatshirt along with some black jeans. I put them on and it wasn't too big on me. I fix my hair a bit and head towards the kitchen.

I spot Tommy and Techno on the kitchen island eating breakfast. Phil and Kristen were getting more plates and serving food.

"Oh! There you are George! Here's your breakfast dear," she hands me a plate with two pieces of toast and an omelette.

"Thank you Mrs. Minecraft!" I sit down across from Techno and the three of us have a small talk.

Soon Wilbur joins and then so do both of their parents. We all have a talk about what to do. My mom was working extra since it's just the two of us now. So I've been going out more, I've insisted of working part-time but she says I don't have too. She wants me to have fun and spend time with people while she's gone. She really has changed a lot...

I ate about a third of the omelette and a piece of toast before I was full. Once everyone finished their meals we got our stuff and went to the park.

Their car had only five seats, and Tommy was last so...

We made him go in the trunk.

After about 15 minutes we were at the park. We walked till we arrived at the fountain, Kristen found Niki so they were talking and Phil and Techno were talking about American football. Tom found out that there were food trucks and stands at the other side of the park so the three of us decided to head over there.

"HEY DAD! CAN WE GO TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PARK?? THERES FOOD OVER THERE!" I heard Tommy yell.

"Yeah, that's fine!" Their dad yelled back, a bit quieter but still loud enough to hear.

We started walking over to the trucks and stands and arrived about 10 minutes later. There were many different smells coming from different places. Both boys spotted a Cuban food truck and I spotted one that served fruits. We head over to their's first and they order 2 Cuban sandwiches.

Once they got their food I go and order a small fruit salad from a stand. When I got mine we all head over to a picnic table away from the noise.

"George are you sure you don't want anything else? That's a really small bowl..." Will asks me,

"I'm fine Will, this is enough for me." I softly smile back at them. He sighs as give me a soft smile too.

We chat while eating our food and had a ton a laughs together.

"So, do you have anything planned for New Year's Eve?" Will asked me.

"Mmm.. Not really, me and my mom are going to a restaurant at around 5 but nothing else really..." I respond,

"Oh! Well Minx, obviously, is hosting another party! A New Year's Eve one! Most people from our school are coming, I think a few are from other schools too. Well anyways, do you wanna come?"

"Yeah sure! What time?"

"We'll pick you up at 9, is that okay?"

"Yeah of course! I'll see if my mom has a hangout with her friends or work."