Chapter 1-It Begins

I walked through the door, and wiped my feet on the rug on the other side. It was purple with a bright yellow ‘welcome’. I got it as a gift from my neighbors when I had moved in the beginning of the fall for the new term. Tugging on my left earphone for it to fall out, I shut the door and started to walk into my 2 bedroom apartment. Out in the living room, my best friend was lounging on the couch with her brother. Her name was Molly and she was gorgeous. She was tall, with shiny blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She was twenty, same as me. I kept walking, slightly tripping up my staircase.

“Crap!” I muttered along with a colorful mumble of words. I hated doing that, and it happened almost daily!

“Neveah? Is that you?” Molly questioned as she stood up slightly with a slight grin.

“Yep.” I gave a short reply.

“Trip up the stairs again?” her brother, Noah, asked. They both burst out with laughter and I gave them both a mini glare, but ended up smiling anyway.

“Um... no?” I said trying to keep my expression back to neutral, but they just laughed. “Okay, maybe I could have possibly tripped a tiny little bit. But just maybe.” I said quickly and then started up the stairs, stubbing my poor little toe. “Damn!” I spat, and the laughter started again. I walked the rest of the way to my room without any life altering accidents along the way. I really need to work on not being clumsy, I thought, and then plopped down on my bed.

Suddenly my phone started playing Asking Alexandria’s A prophecy. ‘My lips are poison!’ it rang out. Opening it, I sighed. Party at 8 tonight! Don’t try getting out of it either, I’ll hunt you down and take away your ipod! ~MoMo.(MoMo is Molly, btw)Jeesh! She’s brutal, I thought getting back up off of my amazing bed. I really didn’t want to leave it because it was warm and comfortable. I pulled on my jacket and some tennis shoes, and snuck down the stairs. Yes, it was without falling. Stealth!!! I threw a mini party in my head as a reward! Going straight through the kitchen-and almost to the back door- I had problems, however.

Crouching down to avoid being seen by Molly and Noah, I hit my head on the counter on my way to the back door. I pause, and look up hoping they left. And what do you know? The world must hate me.

“Going somewhere?” They asked in unison.

“Checking the mail.” I said quickly and started walking. Too bad for me, Noah blocked me. How terribly cliche. From there, I got about a half hours worth of lecture in the span of a minute while being dragged into my room.

“You should have known better! That was amateur! Did you really think we didn’t think about that? You’re going to have fun at that party if I have to shove every single drink in that place down your throat to make you. Do you hear me missy?” She ranted on and on. Well, I was wishing I hadn’t heard her at that moment. I made one more attempt at that dang door. My escape plan was simple: run and get out! Ya, that failed too. Again, does the world just hate me today? I’m really starting to hate Noah for being so quick and following Molly’s demands because he had me over his shoulder before I even got halfway there. “Come on, you know you’ll have some fun tonight.” he said.

“Um..how about no. And instead, you can put me down gently before I start kicking. I’ve got quite the aim, and you happen to be in a very vulnerable position.” I said in return. He quickly dropped me onto my bed, but stood next to my door. Dang it, I thought. She brought me over and shoved me into a spinny chair. Next, I did the only thing left in such a situation. I spun. And spun and spun some more. I did it so much I spun right out of the chair and onto the floor. Awesome. I got back up, with Molly and Noah laughing again at my clumsiness. Sitting on the chair, I inspected myself. My dark brown hair was all messed up from my fall, and it didn’t even look like a braid any more. My cover up was still on, and so was my eyeliner. My eyes were currently a green color. They tended to go from a green to a blueish color, and sometimes a light grey. I know, it’s weird. She pulled down my hair out of my braid, and began her work as Noah and I talked.