Chapter 2-Dancing

~Pulling into the party~

An extremely drunk person walked past us, as we got out of the car, shouting and attempting to sing “I love my purple potato. It’s such a good potato. And its purple,” he sung,and then he started sniffling.

“And you wanted to come here why, again?” I asked raising an eyebrow to Molly. She gave me a small smile.

“Because A.) You’re my bestest friend ever and I didn’t want to go alone, and B.) Because you haven’t had a boyfriend in how long?” She replied.

“Oh come on! It’s only been a few months!” I protested. “And you wouldn’t have been alone as long as Noah came!” I peered up the pathway to the house of the party. Fan-fucking-tastic., I thought. People were already wasted, they had crappy music playing, and I knew exactly who’s house this was. And let’s just say, I didn’t like the owner. His name was Carter. He has been a pain in my ass since I moved here, which was around two years ago. He was annoying, the center of attention, and somehow got remarkably good grades. I think he cheats, but whatever. Well, I guess I’ll just try to avoid him., I decided.

Walking up the steps(and secretly making sure I didn’t trip or stumble) I remembered something; I had brought some lovely CD’s in my white clutch bag! Well, this will get fun! The first CD had a mix of Asking Alexandria, Bring me the Horizon, Escape the Fate, Skrillex, Black Veil Brides, Pierce The Veil and a whole bunch more on it! The other two CD’s had more dance stuff on it, but still this was going to be great!

“Why do you have your this-is-going-to-get-interesting look on? I’m getting scared now, Neveah! What are you planning on pulling?” Noah and Molly questioned.

“Nothing, I’m just ready to have some drinks and get this night over with,” I stated with a once again neutral expression.

They both eyed me suspiciously, but then Molly handed me my phone telling me that it’s only being given to me for emergencies and so we can all find each other to leave later. She also mentioned no i-pod until we’re done with the party. In her little lecture, she said lot’s of rules I didn’t pay attention to-like no getting in fights-and more. “Ugh, can we just go already? Please?” I asked.

“Let’s go!” She said, and we all started walking.

Half an hour later, she was with her boyfriend grinding on the dancefloor to another new pop song. What can I say? I saw that coming. At least I hadn’t had too bad of a time yet. I had a beer, and did a tiny bit of dancing, but nothing serious yet. That’s when I saw the DJ taking a break to get a drink. I made my way over by him asking the bartender for another drink also. The dJ looked at me, taking in my appearance and asked me how the party had been so far.

“Oh, it’s been okay I guess.” I told him.

“Why just okay?” He questioned.

“This isn’t really my scene. My friend sort of dragged me along, without any choice.”

“Well, I’m sorry to hear that,” he began with a grin. Real charmer, I thought to myself. “is there anything I could do that would help you to have a better time? Maybe dancing or something else?” he hinted suggestively.

“Actually, I’m not much of a dancer, but there is something you might be able to help me with,” I started casually not paying attention to his hints. “I have a couple CD’s with me, would you possibly want to give them a try?”

He got my shutdown, and took the CD’s examining them quietly. “Sure,” he sighed. “Then maybe I’ll catch you for that dance later.” He said and walked away confidently. Ya, that’s not happening either, I thought. But then just shrugged it off, and waited for my songs to play. Which they did within the next few minutes.

I quickly walked over to the guy that had been staring at me since we got here, and pulled him onto the dancefloor. He was actually pretty hot. He had dark hair. I couldn’t tell whether it was black or brown. He had these grey eyes, that were gorgeous, and he had a skinny build. Not stick thin, but not super muscley. He was also wearing a beanie. And you probably don’t know this, but I seriously love guys in beanies! I guess I’ll just have to see how he behaves tonight, and go from there, I decided.

We danced for a while, until about the end of the fourth song. He whispered in my ear “Wanna head up stairs?”

I replied with a short, and not-so-sweet “Nope. You’re not that lucky.” He gave a quick chuckle and we kept dancing. I’m not a whore, and I don’t do hook-ups. Ever. Anyone that knows me, knows that much. I dance with random people, but that’s as far as it goes. If a guy would have asked me that when I was completely sober, he would have got a nice bruise right on his face. I punch hard, or so I’ve been told. I’m still not sure why I haven’t punched him, or even stopped dancing with him. I’m going to blame it on the alcohol. I’ve had a lot to drink, so that must be it, I told myself.

After Asking Alexandria’s A Prophecy came on, Of Mice & Men’s Second and Sebring was up, and I really came to life. I suppose they aren’t dancing songs, but still. They were my favorite for that week. The guy I had been dancing with smirked at me, and took the chance to really ‘come alive’ too. He was closer to me, and matching my pace of dancing. But hey, the song was almost over, so I just kept going. I was supposed to have fun tonight, so him being too close wasn’t going to ruin that.

When the song ended, they started playing a whole bunch of pop music, so I went and set out for a drink, and to look for Molly. I quickly got my fruity drink, and searched for my friend, and her brother. Molly was actually right across from the drink station-her boyfriend offering her another drink. I quickly took the drink, and asked her where her brother was.

“I don’t know actually,” she slurred, “but I’m going home with Jason.” She nodded drowsily with a sloppy smile. Jason, her boyfriend, just smiled and started leading her to his car.

“Um no you aren’t. You’re coming with me.” Jason just wanted to get her home and finally  get lucky. He was a sleazy douche bag, with bad intentions that Molly was blind to. I actually knew better, and wasn’t about to let anything happen, even though I was more than a bit tipsy. Jason( I nicknamed him Douche Bag I) had kept arguing with me. Thankfully, Noah finally appeared and solved the issue.

“Damn. I was getting ready to throw the first punch.” I chuckled. I told Noah to warm the car with Molly and I went to grab my final drink of the night. And here comes my awful luck again. You won’t believe who was there. Mr. Pervy Dancer himself. He caught sight of me as I tried to stumble away without anyone noticing. Fail. I tripped over a plastic cup. He rushed over from his group of 3 friends and tried to help me up.

“Nope, I’m good.” I said standing on my own, still to close to him for my liking.

“Let me drive  you home.” He said.

“I have a ride.”

“Or are you just stubborn?” He teased.

“No, actually. I really have a ride, asshole.”

“Sure. Well before you go, can I at least have your number?”

“Hm.. Nope. I don’t have a phone.” I said cheekily, then smiled really big. Ya, I’m kind of a bitch when I drink. But the truth is, I didn’t want a random guy that  I danced with at a party having my number. I don’t even know his name, Conveniently, he slipped a piece of paper into my front pocket. I jumped back and yelled “Asshole!”Yep, definitely the new nickname. I realized that Noah was probably about to flip out on Molly by now, so I hurried back to the car.