16. Mika and Miles

I hadn't really been to the Man cave ever since that 'incident.' I told myself every day it was the alcohol. I couldn't believe that I really kissed him. Was I that desperate for physical touch? I vowed that night that I would never drink alcohol again. I had been the gossip among my peers because they had never seen this side of me. I had never seen this side of me myself. I sighed as I sat on my bed and scrolled down on the videos on social media. Even Blaire admitted that I was a really fun girl to party with once I had alcohol in my system. I groaned as I turned off my phone and laid back down on my bed.

I couldn't even walk around where I lived. Family members had been coming into the city for Christmas. Their cousins, Mika and Miles who were the children of my uncle's sister came to stay with us for winter break. They were weird and I didn't like them. They were so invested in the heroes and villains in our city. Charlotte tried to keep them entertained but for some reason they wanted to hear it from me. My uncle had begged me to be nice but I wasn't in the mood to be talking to strangers. I didn't care if they were my family. I just wanted Christmas to pass by so they could leave.

The torture continued to the point I found it suspicious. I didn't want to share my thoughts with anyone just yet. Only Charlotte, my uncle, aunt and my mother knew I was Tigress. Why did these kids ask so many questions. It was like they wanted me to spill something. I would find one of them always watching me weirdly as if they were waiting for me to slip up.

It was the last day of school before Christmas break. Everyone was excited as I was as well. I hoped no one would do a horrible crime that I had to get involved so I could stay at home. Mika and Miles now had a new topic to ask me about. My fatal weakness. I was surprised by this topic. They had asked everyone and they had all said something different and normal. Spiders, bugs, ghosts and demons, the normal stuff. When I told them spiders, they didn't believe me. Of course I was lying. I knew my weakness but why did I have to tell them.

When I was putting the books I needed for the topics we had been told to read over the break, I saw them come into the hallway with a creepy smile on their faces. Everyone was surprised that kids were in the building but no one questioned. Everyone was too busy getting ready to go home. They stopped by my locker and I rolled my eyes but I kept my distance. Even they were freaking me out. I hadn't been able to smell or see anything wrong with them.

"We found out what your weakness is." Mika said in a sing song tone. Miles went away for a minute but came back with Henry.

I tried to stay calm as I asked them. "What are you doing?"

"We know it's Henry. Don't lie." Miles said and Henry looked at me, confused.

"What?" He asked.

"You're her weakness. If we kill you, we'll destroy her." They both said at the same time and that's when I grabbed their hands and led them out the nearest exit.

"What is wrong with you? What happened to you? Why are you acting like this?" I asked. I looked back and was glad that Henry hadn't followed us. I watched as their eyes diluted and I stepped away. I went to get my phone to call Charlotte but it wasn't in my pocket. It was in my backpack that was at my locker. They both smiled to the point their smiles didn't look normal. What the fuck was going on?

"Thank you Tigress for telling your weakness. It will be easy to kill you now." They both said and I rushed to the door only to watch something whiz by me. It was a tranquilizer dart. I looked around at all the windows around me. Anyone inside could see me do that if I moved that fast again.

"Whoever you are, you better stop right now. I'll find you and kill you for hurting my cousins." I said as I slowly tried to open the door. They shot a dart again and I felt the sting in my arm. At first, it was nothing, then the pain became excruciating.