Chapter 14

January.

"Are you sure I'm ready?" Kelby asks.

"I am," Caius replies. "Your coven should be able to help you with your control the rest of the way. And you have those books I have you about your ability I'm sending with you if you need more information about that."

Felix and Dimitri give Kelby hugs.

"Good luck out there, Kelby," Jane says. "Please do come back."

"Please," Alec adds. "You're good company to have."

Kelby does a dramatic bow, making Jane cover her mouth to conceal the grin that formed. He turns and he leaves.
*******

Alice runs outside once she has a vision and she bounces on her feet until a familiar dirty blonde appears. "KELBY!"

The clairvoyant flings herself into his arms and Kelby falls onto the deep snow in the Denali's yard with a grunt. Rosalie laughs from the door as the duo hug in the show. Rosalie pulls her sire into a hug once Alice helps him up.

"How was Italy?" Rosalie asks as she grabs his face.

"Great," Kelby replies. "I befriended the guards, Caius likes me."

"That's saying a lot because Caius doesn't like anyone," Carlisle says as he comes outside. "Welcome back." He gives Kelby a hug. "It's good to see you."

"Where's Jasper?" Kelby asks. He knows that Edward is off alone. He understands why. 

"He's inside," Alice replies. "Come on!" She grabs his hand and drags him inside. "Esme! Look who's here!"

"Oh, my God..." Esme stands up and she hugs Kelby and Emmett joins the hug, too.

Kelby walks over to Jasper once they're done. "Hey."

Jasper smiles gently at him. "Hey, Kelby," he greets. "You're back."

"I'm back," Kelby replies. "You doing okay?"

"Not really, but one day, I'll be fine," Jasper replies.

"Kelby," Eleazar says as he and the Denali coven arrive. "It's good to see you again."

"You as well, Eleazar," Kelby responds. "Hey, Carmen, Kate, Irina, Tanya." He sees a familiar dark-skimmed vampire enter. "Laurent. You found a home?"

"Yes, I did," Laurent replies.

Laurent and so other vampires, James and Victoria, interrupted a baseball game some months ago and James went after Bella while Kelby celebrated his and Leonard's anniversary at the cemetery at Leonard's grave. James almost killed Bella bud Edward and the others arrived in enough time to save Bella's life and keep her human.

"God, I need an American meal," Kelby says. "I love Italian animals and food, but..."

"Come hunt with us," Rosalie says as she steps up. "Emmett and I were about to head off."

"Oh, please," Kelby replies. "We can catch up after, Esme."

"Okay," Esme says. "Hurry back."

Kelby gives her a kiss on the cheek and he runs off with Rosalie and Emmett.