Chapter 23

The next Monday, Kelby spends the day out with Kelsea. They roam the streets of Seattle. They eat at the Space Needle, they go for a stroll through the park, and they went grocery shopping for the center.

On Tuesday, Kelby spends the day playing board and card games with the teens in the center once school was out. During school hours, he cleaned the center with Kareem and Kylan.

On Wednesday, Kelby and Kody make three rainbow cakes just because. That made everyone in the center, including Kylan and Kareem, happy.

On Thursday, Kelby heads to Port Angeles for an afternoon movie at about two o'clock. He is seeing the movie Final Destination 3, which has been out since the 10th. He sits in the back of the theater with some popcorn, chocolate candy, and his large cup of soda. He snacks on his food and he watches the movie.
********

On Friday, Kelby decides to treat Kareem, Kylan, and all of the center kids to dinner and a movie. They have pizza at Lorenzo's in Port Angeles and then they go to the movies to watch the new movie, The Shaggy Dog. Kelby checks his phone during the movie when it buzzes. It's a text from Edward.

Edward: I know you're in Washington. Plz don't be near Bella.
Kelby: It's not your business who I go around. You ripped us away from our lives. You're not running mine.

Kelby turns his phone off and he starts watching the movie. When Kelsea and Kingsley lay their heads on his shoulders, Kelby doesn't shake them off as the three of them watch the movie.