14

𝙎𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙊𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀
𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙊𝘿𝙀 𝙏𝙒𝙊
𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘷𝘴 𝘕𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

❤︎

"Marlee?" Johnny spoke as they passed each other in the hospital, the blonde turning around.

"Oh shit, what happened to you?" Her eyes slightly widened, taking in his appearance, considering she didn't even recognise him at first.

The man shrugged, looking down for a second. "Got in some fight at a bar and a paper towel dispenser"

Marlia furrowed her eyebrows, looking away for a moment.

"How you feeling? How'd your arm get.." he looked at her wrist, the teen's expression dropping.

"I—–showed mercy to, uh, Jace Linto" she hesitated without looking at him, not sure if she could even handle the look in his eyes. Johnny blinked, finding out that not only Miguel but another one of his students who depended on him got hurt for taking his advice.

"You did the right thing" he nodded, trying to reassure her.

"Did I really though?" She sighed, finally looking into his eyes. "Look what he did to me," she said merely above a whisper, a crack in her voice.  "Look what he did to me after I let him go"

"H–he could've been the one in my position, but he isn't, I let him go and I paid the price for it. Miguel did too" She felt her vision slowly become blurred by tears.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Why'd this happen to me, Sensei?"

"I don't know" he breathed out, his eyes glued to his shoes in guilt.

"I don't even know if I'm ever gonna be able to fight him again. I'll probably run away like a pussy. Because I let him go, and—and now I can barely look him in the eyes without panicking" She put her hands on her head, rubbing her forehead trying to ease the stress, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I tried to ignore it, but fuck, I feel so.. little now"

She sat down in the chair next to the wall, running a shaky hand through her hair. Johnny sat down next to her, shutting his eyes.

"I can't have this happen again, Sensei. I can't get stuck" she sniffed, quickly wiping her tears away.

"I'm really sorry, Marlee" he muttered in defeat, his eyebrows deeply furrowed. "I don't know why Robby or Linto did this. I-I just can't do anything about it because—"

"Robby's your son" Marlee finished for him, sniffling again. "Yeah"

Johnny sighed, leaning back into the chair, deep in his thooughts, This was all his fault. At least that's what he thought.

"I cut his leg" Marlee muttered, still staring down at the floor.

"Robby's?"

"No. Jace's. With a piece of glass"

The older man paused for a second. "Why would you do that?"

"Don't you realise what he's done?" She said, looking over at the man with a raise of her eyebrows, her eyes swollen and puffy from her tears. "I wanted him to suffer. I still want him to suffer. Wouldn't you?"

Johnny looked at her for a second, freezing.

"I've had a lot of trouble with people, Sensei. Sam Larusso, Jace Linto. They really done some shit, and they never paid the price" she scoffed. "Don't you get that? They have families th-that care about them and who they could turn to"