18

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 / ❛ i think i could go for a burger ❜

[ season three, episode five ]

Their lips crashed together, Marlee's hand quickly finding his cheek and both of Eli's on her hips. The fluttering feeling in her stomach went crazy for a moment.

Their kiss was gentle and soft, but still carried the depth and passion they had been holding together. It was like they'd been waiting forever for just this moment, and now that it was finally here, everything else melted away. Marlee could taste the faint hint of mint on his lips, mingling with her own strawberry lip balm.

She let it out a hitched breath, the warmth of his hands on her skin sending a shiver through her body. They broke apart for a second, breathing heavily. They gazed into each other's eyes, everything else around them feeling nonexistent.

Slow smiles spread across their faces, their eyes reflecting emotions that they couldn't quite be put into words. Her thumb gently caressed his cheek, a deep breath leaving his lips.

"Marlee! Hawk!" someone yelled, jolting them out of the moment. They both turned.

"Shit, Kota" Marlee muttered under her breath.

"What the fuck are you waiting for? get down here!" she yelled once more, the urgency prominent in her voice. Marlee shut her eyes with a breath as they both stood up, making their way down to Kota.

"Way to ruin the moment" Mars scolded, pushing her friends' shoulder.

"Okay, congratulations can wait. Miyagi-Do is in there and we need some help" she replied, Marlee's heart dropping to the bottom of her chest. Miyagi-Do. Jace.

Eli met eyes with the two girls then nodded, the three walking in through the back entry.

"Alright, let's do this shit" Kota muttered, immediately diving into the chaos and fighting everyone that came into her view.

Marlee stood frozen, fear gripping at her. The school fight started replaying in her mind, her wrist beginning to throb as if it all was happening again. She kicked one boy in the face, sending him to the floor with a single shot, but her heart wasn't in it. The fear was holding her back.

She moved through the arena, her steps heavy and hesitant. Everyone else seemed to have someone to fight, but she felt her unease only grow. Jace could be anywhere, jump out at any time.

Her jaw clenched as she walked around, watching all the kids being hurt and fought. Her eyes scanned for any sight of the boy, meeting his eyes. Their eyes locked together, and in that instant, his expression changed. She expected him to begin to walk towards her, fight her again, or something even more terrible, but he didn't. It wasn't anger in his face, she saw something must more surprising. Regret, almost.

She watched him step back from the boy he was previously fighting, and did the last possible thing she expected. He ran away. 

"Did Jace just—run?" Eli asked, disbelief in his voice.

"Yeah," Marlee said, her voice barely above a whisper. "He did."

She watched him, lightly scoffing. Eli quickly fled to fight Demetri, and all the tension in her quickly turned to anger. She met eyes with someone barely a meter away. She blocked his punch and drove her leg into his stomach and throwing a punch to his face. The kid crumpled to the ground, Marlee kicking him again. The room echoed with sounds of fighting and panting.