19

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 / ❛ Hey, you guys are like the Cobra couple now ❜

[ season three, episode six ]

It was third period, right after lunch. Eli and Marlee were sat in their history class, in the middle of a test. Marlee furrowed her eyebrows, repeatedly tapping her pen on the paper in frustration. History definetely wasn't her best subject, the questions all seemed to just blur together.

Eli, who sat behind her, tapped her lightly on the shoulder, causing her to turn around. Their eyes met, and he handed her a small piece of folded paper.

Marlee unfolded the note under her desk, careful not to attract the teacher's attention. Inside, Eli's neat handwriting greeted her.

Eli: You finished?

Marlee: A couple questions left, wbu?

Eli: I'm done.

Marlee glanced back at him, raising an eyebrow in mock disbelief. She scribbled her response quickly.

Marlee: So you're smart too?

Eli: Maybe.

Marlee: Beauty and brains. That's crazy.

Eli stifled a laugh, shaking his head slightly. He wrote back, his handwriting a bit more rushed this time.

Eli: You look pretty today.

Marlee felt a warmth spread across her cheeks. She bit her lip to hide a smile as she replied.

Marlee: So do you.

Eli read her note, a smile spreading across his face. He quickly wrote another message and passed it back.

Eli: Seriously, I like your shirt. Reminds me of the first time we talked.

Marlee's eyes widened slightly. She remembered that day vividly. Her heart fluttered as she wrote back.

Marlee: You remember that?

Eli's gaze softened as he read her question. He met her eyes, nodding slightly before writing his final response.

Eli: I'll always remember it, Lana.

Marlee's heart skipped a beat. She folded the note and tucked it into her pocket, a smile tugging at her lips. She turned back to her test, feeling a renewed sense of energy and focus. Even if history wasn't her favorite subject, moments like these made the class something to look forward to.

"Got something you'd like to share with the class, Bishop?" The teacher said sternly, eyeing Marlee.

"No sir" She replied smoothly, trying to force off the smile forming on her lips.