I

This is not a slow-burn story because like I said it's a super short story. If the pacing seems weird that's why, but don't worry you'll still get details, etc. Also, this story will have small time jumps in it, but not super crazy ones. Sorry for the wait. I honestly forgot about this story, but it's been sitting in my drafts since December, 13 😭🙂
☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

 I honestly forgot about this story, but it's been sitting in my drafts since December, 13 😭🙂☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

I cleaned up the counter that I used to make sandwiches on and made sure to disinfect it. I had to be clean working here. I had to be clean at home. One thing I couldn't stand was a dirty counter or a dirty kitchen. I get other things being a little dirty, but at work or at home that kitchen better be spotless. Where you prepare food better be perfect!

That's just how I feel.

I listened to another employee take orders before I finished up cleaning and shit. Now I can go on break. Finally.

I walked to the back and took my apron off sitting down on the couch. I yawned and looked at my phone checking the time. Just a few more hours man. Wish I really didn't mind. I had a lot of regular customers and I've made relationships with them. Shit, that's why I'm the manager now. They love me and always tell Dev how good of an employee I am. Even the people that work here don't mind me being the boss cause I won't be tripping on them. I'm just a dumb nigga with power. I'm not causing any problems.

I took a deep breath and watched as another worker walked into the back and looked at me.

"What Kiya? Cause I know you need something," I spoke as he chuckled. Kiya was 16 and was a worker here. It was her first job and she was excited to have it. She was also a teenager though and of course, she had that teenager mentality. She had also taken a liking to me and she was now like my little sister. If she didn't bother and talk to anyone else here it was going to be me. She's crazy as fuck.

"Did I say I wanted something or are you in my business?" She replied as I mocked her. Tired of women treating me like that. I already have to deal with Seph beating my ass now I have to deal with this annoying little girl? Shit not to mention Vicky and my nieces. All the girls in my life must think I'm soft or something.

"I'll fire you," I replied as she walked up to me like she was about to swing making me shield myself. "No wait! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I won't fire you. My bad. What do you need though?"

"That's what I thought. So I need to leave early because prom is in two days and I have a nail appointment today for that. I also need to go pick up my dress. I'll work extra next to make up for you having to do my extra work. Please?" She asked me as I sighed.

"Nah I gotchu. It's prom go have fun and get yo nails done. And please, please comb that raggedy ass head of yours. I'm begging you," I spoke as she playfully smacked my arm. "Ouch. See I was about to throw you some cash for prom and then you go putting yo hands on me,"