III

I felt my phone ringing as I stepped out of the shower

I felt my phone ringing as I stepped out of the shower. It's my brother of course. I bet it's those kids. They learned I don't have work this weekend so I just know they're about to bother me.

"Hello?"

"Unc...you at home? Cause I'm coming over today. Me and my twin. Avery is having a girl's day with TT,"

"I might be busy today girl. How you just gone tell you coming over?"

"Because...my daddy gone drop us off,"

"Gimmie an hour bro," I spoke as she hung up making me chuckle. My niece bro...

I walked into my bedroom and got dressed before slaking out into the front seeing Kreighton doing something on his laptop. Moved in a few days ago and it's been pretty peaceful. He cleans up after himself, he's pretty quiet, and he's already bought a boatload of groceries. I guess you can do that when you make money from owning your own business.

Big bucks.

He was still hurting over his girl, but he was feeling better. He just kept thinking about how she could leave him over a text and all because he wanted a family. It was helping him get over her much quicker. He was still hurt though. He was in love.

"Wassup," I spoke as he looked over at me.

"Hey," he spoke making me chuckle.

"You nervous to be living here or something? You never this quiet," I spoke going into the fridge and pulling out a bottle of water.

"I mean nah...I'm just...yea kinda. I'm not trying to annoy you," he spoke as I waved him off.

"Shit you better start 'cause I'm about to annoy the fuck outta you every day, my nigga," I spoke making him laugh.

"Go for it. It'll make me laugh and I need some laughter," he spoke as I nodded my head.

"Look, I'm sorry about yo girl man. I seriously am. That's really fucked up. Maybe you should hang with me and my people today. I'm about to get my niece and nephew and I know they're going to want to go out for breakfast, then shopping, then whatever else they wanna do. You're more than welcome to come so you don't have to sit in the house all day," I offered as he looked at me.

"I don't want to interrupt your time with your family. I'll-,"

"Bro if I thought you be interrupting I wouldn't have invited you. It's no biggie man. You can come. We might be gone all do thought because once again they love doing stuff," I told him as he closed his laptop and nodded his head.

"Ok, I'll go. I just have to get my shoes and shit," he spoke as I nodded my head.

I heard a knock on my door making me open it and watch CeCe run into my apartment with Od trailing behind her. He was carrying Calais.