XXI

"Nah you don't really want the medium

"Nah you don't really want the medium. You want a large and you know it," I told the customer as Kreighton sighed.

"Please don't harass the customers, Jo. Get them what they want," he told me as I looked back at him. "Imma mind my business,"

"No as I was saying you really want that large cause think about how hungry you gone be at work after you only eat that little bit of food. You gone be like I should have listened to Jo," I told him as he chuckled.

"Aight bruh, gimmie the large. Extra 2 dollars right?" He spoke as I nodded my head.

"There you go sir. That's what I like to see. A man who really cares about his appetite," I replied as I put the receipt on the wall so that Kreighton could see it. No more customer so I guess I can help him out with the cooking.

I walked over to him and washed my hands before frying them off and then grabbing the fries out of the fryer. I put them into the basket and put all of the topping on because this order got there's form the "Jo's Jolly junk & Juices" menu. I had a little menu where it was just little creations that I've actually made. Like loaded fries my style, drinks my style, and sandwiches my style. We still had the regular stuff and our baked goods, but when Kreighton said I could finally use the name I was too happy and I had this idea.

Making bank.

I made the loaded fries putting everything the lady asked for before grabbing her pineapple mango creamsicle drink she ordered. Pineapple mango juice and vanilla ice cream blended together. Delicious. I was working for that liquor license though. I'm tryna get a little crazy and imagine we go outside of venues and shit when people are all hungry, or if we're there before the concert starts so they don't have to pay those high ass prices and they get a full meal. Money.

I had so many ideas for us and he was so supportive. Maybe I was meant to do something like this after all.

"Here you go miss," I spoke as she walked over to the truck grabbing her bag from me.

"Thank you," she spoke walking off to her car. Yea people have been traveling to see us. Not from outta state but I mean traveling I their car. Right now we were out side of Deb's giant ass office building and there were all different how if people that worked there. Young, old, teens, big, small. They loved our food truck and they were known for tipping. As they should.

"Where my shit?" I heard making me stick my finger up at Vicky who was looking at me.

"I promise imma black you eye Jo!" She spoke as I grabbed her bag and drink and handed it to her.

"Uncle Jo, guess what?" Moriah spoke jumping up and down.

"What man?" I spoke as he tried his best to lift his baby brother.

"Ice, can spell his name!" He told me as I gasped looking at Ice.

"Is that true?!" I asked him as he nodded his head.