XI

"No, I'm not 10

"No, I'm not 10. I'm 29," I told River as he nodded his head sitting down next to me bundled up in his favorite blanket that Jo bought for him. I think that's his comfort blanket now.

"Oh...is Jo 10?" He asked me making me chuckle.

"Nah, lil man. Jo is the same age as me. We're adults so we're way past 10," I told him as he nodded his head discreetly moving closer. Before he was sitting next to me but on the other end of the couch.

He leaned his head on my arm and looked at the TV that was playing Arthur. He loved PBS and it was all educational shit on there so I had no problem putting it on. Not 24/7 though, but when we were chilling I didn't mind. I liked some of the shows too, to be honest.

Right now Jo was out grabbing some groceries and I would have gone, but I guess I was half asleep when he got up so he just asked me to stay here with River. Now we were just waiting for him to get back home. It wasn't late but it was about 5. He didn't leave that long ago.

"Do you think I'll see Mommy again?" He asked me as I looked down at him.

"I'm not sure, River," I told him honestly as he pouted and his eyes watered up. He started crying making me pick him up and rub his back.

"I want mommy!" He cried as the door opened and Jo walked in with groceries. He immediately dropped the grocery and walked over to me. "Jo!"

"Oh no, my little baby. Don't cry River. What's the matter?" He spoke pouting before gently taking him out of my arms. He rubbed his back as he rocked side to side. He then walked to the back before coming back immediately and looking at me. "Hey, papa,"

"Hey, baby," I replied as he smiled and then walked away and continued talking to him. I chuckled and got up heading to our room to go ahead and get ready to take a shower. We had literally just been chilling all day. It was just one of those days, but at least River and I had been talking more. He's definitely more comfortable with Jo, but he's coming around to me. Like if Jo isn't there I'm the next best thing and honestly, I'm not hurt by it or complaining.

Jo was the one that found him and saved so I get why he's more comfortable with him. It just makes sense. I started the shower in our bathroom and bummer to myself before sighing now feeling hungry. Maybe I'll order us some pizza for dinner. I don't feel like cooking at all.

I grabbed my clothes and then stepped into the shower after sitting them down. I started washing up and heard the door open. Jo walked over to the shower and knocked on the glass making me open it all the way. I'm not hiding from him. It's his.

"Gimmie kiss while you showering if you really l word me," he spoke making me roll my eyes.

"Why can't you ask normal?" I asked him laughing.

"Ion even know how to spell it," he told me as I laughed and shook my head as he smirked at me puckering his lips. I leaned down and pecked his lips making him smile at me. "Fuck you so gay,"