The phone call || 15

"Hello?"

Blake's voice left my phone again. I was speechless. I wasn't prepared to talk to him.

"This is (Y/n) right?"

I gulped. I had to say something.

"Yeah it's me.." I said softly, staring at my keyboard. My free hand was placed on the armrest of my gaming chair with my fingers tapping anxiously.

"Jesus, I was afraid this was someone else and I embarrassed just myself by thinking they were you.. anyways how have you been?"

A smile danced on my face as I began to relax slowly.

"I've been better, before you handed me your number I had just talked to Nick.. well I didn't say anything to him, he started talking and I did not want to deal with his shit at that time and left."

Blake laughter filled my ears, making my heart race. If only he knew the effect he had on me. God, why did I have to be so smitten with him. I promised myself I wouldn't go falling for another guy and get my heart broken again but here I am.

"Good for you, Nick needs to piss off and mind his own business. You don't understand how frustrated I was when he told me I couldn't be friends with you anymore."

This caused me to perk up. He was also upset about that? I assumed he was mad over Nick yelling at him not at Nick for telling him he couldn't speak to me anymore.

"You were upset..? Why didn't you try talking to me then?" I asked now confused. In the days between now and when Nick first confronted me I tried to say hello to Blake whenever we passed by eachother but he always ignored me.

Blake was silent as I waited for his reply. The quiet was making my heart race even more.

"I-... I don't know. Maybe because I agree with him? I'm not a good influence on you, I'm really sorry for the other night. I didn't mean to pressure you."

The words he said made my heart happy.

"Blake. You didn't pressure me to do shit. I wanted to smoke and so I did, Nick is being too overprotective."

I heard him give a small chuckle which caused me to as well.

"That's good to hear! I was worried I was upsetting you, you're one of my friends and Kaden's sister. I didn't want to hurt you."

I frowned. 'You're one of my friends.'  That hurt me more than anything Blake has ever done to me. I can't tell him that though. He would think I was crazy for liking him and it wouldn't be the first time! Why did I have to fall for him so quickly? I wish Nick told me ahead of time about his living arrangements so I could avoid this mess... No... I should've been a better friend to Nick and watched his videos so I could've seen for myself. It was all my fault.

"Yeah no! You didn't do anything wrong I promise." I said, gritting my teeth together.

He cheered and I cheered along with him but less enthusiastically. We continued to talk a bit more til he said he had to go stream. We said our goodbyes and the call ended. I set my phone down with a sigh. With nothing else planned for the day I decided I would watch his stream.

I switched over to twitch and searched up his username. Once I found it I waited til he started streaming and clicked on the icon. The stream beginning soon screen popped up and I sat back in my chair, waiting.

Once he turned his camera on and said hi to everyone he explained he would be watching clips of fails with Larry. Intrigued I stayed and watched the entirety of the stream. Blake and Larry's dynamic was so entertaining to watch, I enjoyed watching them bicker with each other.

I couldn't contain the laughter escaping my lips. I was oblivious to how loud I was being. This resulted in a knock at my door. Shutting up I quickly yelled out for whoever was outside to come in.

I took my eyes off the computer screen and who I saw standing in my doorway made my blood boil.

Nick.