Shock(^)

With her soft little hands gripping mine, I shake her whole body while exclaiming,
"YOU WERE WORKING ON SOMETHING AS BIG AS THIS THE WHOLE TIME? AND YOU WON AS THE OUTCOME?!?"

Anita nods, still having an inanimate smile. I free myself from her tight grip, leaving her tiny hands in a cute little claw before, comforting it with my left hand, and putting my other hand over her shoulder, gently coddling her body and looking at her with sparkles in my eyes.

"HONEYBUG, I'M SO SOO PROUD OF YOU, YOU KNOW THAT? I'M SURE A LOT OF NEW CLIENTS WILL END AT YOUR FIRM'S DOORSTEPS. A-AND THEY'LL GO STRAIGHT TO YOU!!~"
"B...But I'm confused, why didn't you keep me in the dark? I would've helped you here and there, you know? You don't have to take up all the burden of your work, all alone. That's what I'm here for."
Anita nods and chuckles, still having that prideful smile, going from one ear to another, trying her best not to burst out screaming in victory and start celebrating, ruining her ice-cold demeanor.
"I know, Adrian. It was pretty difficult, trying to hold on for that long, you know? I didn't tell you about it, because I can't risk leaking out sensitive information that'll jeopardize our firm, and ultimately the case in question. W...What if you told one of your university mates about it in the spur of the moment, hm? That's why I kept you in the dark, darling."
I listen attentively and nod while having shiny eyes, and a curious face.
"Tell me aaall about it! The case! I wanna know everything!"

Anita looked at me with a surprised expression, before smiling and brushing my hair to the sides with an affectionate touch, feeling my thick hair strands fade onto the sides, before cupping her tender little hands over my jaw. She starts telling me everything right from the very beginning suspicions of the tech company, down to the trial that went down to the court.

I rinse my mouth with water, before spitting out the toothpaste infused with the water, and checking out my bright white teeth in the mirror in all the different angles, making sure I didn't forget to miss any particular spot. I dry my face with a dry towel as I go towards Anita, lying on her side on the bed.
"Hey, have you seen wher-"
I stop speaking as I realize she's asleep. One hand on the side of her pillow over her shoulder and the other going down under the sheets laying along her body. She's sleeping without a care about anything in the world, probably dead tired from work. I sit down on the side of the bed and start playing around with her hair, making little twirls at the end. She sure does look cute when she's not conscious and has that radiant face of hers, quite a contrast when not looking like she's about to scream bloody murder because I didn't polish the one exact specific nanometer of one corner of the huge penthouse that we live in.

"A...Adrian...I...wuuuv...youuu...."
Anita mutters in her sleep, with a frown on her face, looking like a girl who's been lost at a fair, looking for her parents.

I stop twirling her hair around, as my ears and the sides of my head start to feel hot and red.
"What the fuck? I-Is she dreaming about me or something?"
I think to myself, as I try my best not to lose my composure, as her professing her love for me might as well be as rare as getting struck by lightning at this point.

I tuck her long brown hair behind her ears, and slowly put my hand over hers, hoping to comfort her. She stops frowning and a faint smile spreads across her face. I bring myself slowly over her ears, trying my best not to wake her up. I then whisper in her ears,
"I love you, too, honeybug. Thanks for working so hard for us~"
Her hold on me gets even tighter before she starts smiling even more, nodding slightly before letting her grip relax and her lips parting open before she ascends into a deep sleep. I grin and kiss her on the cheek before turning off the lights and getting under the sheets before she involuntarily brings her hand around my waist and snuggles up on my chest. I feel her warmth on my cold body, as I close my eyes and try to get some sleep while thinking about the uncertain future.