Fever

White.

Everything is white. The sky, the ground, everything. Only my body has sensation. This white blank space I'm walking on feels like feathers, yet I can't fall through it. I look down at myself and see my body as a whole. I flap out my toes and feel them wriggle. I stretch my hand and see my fingers. They make a satisfying feeling as I rub them against each other, making me feel a bit human. I look up and squint my eyes. There's nothing in sight. Not a single home, or any structure. Absolute nothingness. It seems to be I'm surrounded by a boundless horizon.

Eager for a semblance of anything at this point, I start walking. My pace becomes faster and faster until I full-on start running in panic, as I go through the dimension finding absolutely nothing.

"pleasepleaseplease don't make me think this is what I think it is...", I wheeze while still running at my maximum speed. My legs give in after a bunch of minutes, making me stumble and fall while the ground cushions me. Damn, this feels better than the mattress we hav-HAD at our home. I flap my arms in a motion before I soak it all in

"So this is heaven, huh?"

I get up and dust my pants due to muscle memory before giggling to myself; Dust can't be in here.

I resume walking but I've come to terms with the situation at hand. I've died. And the cause of death: too much sex.

I cringe hard, biting down on my teeth.

That's gonna be embarrassing as hell when it's written on my gravestone, god. I walk around before I notice the floor starts to change its color and texture. My steps now make a slight ripple on the floor, with each consequent step. The inanimate white color now starts to sink away, and a noticeable white paint starts forming on top of it. I kneel to inspect it, and I make a larger ripple as I shift my body weight down to my legs.

"Feels like porcelain", I state as I feel the floor as my two fingers make their ripples, colliding with each other. A few lines start going through and parallel to the porcelain design before it forms a large square. Another one forms to its right. Another one to its left. This keeps on going until a complete floor is designed. A faint feeling of nostalgia comes to my mind as I put my hand on my thigh and stand up. I adore the design. A few small brown pillars start sprouting from the tiles, which catch my attention, making my mouth open in awe. They grow from the ground up, like trees with their roots ingrained down below. In just a matter of seconds, they form a table. Similarly, these tables are instantly laid out on the floor.

"This...This looks familiar..", I mutter.

The floor finishes its metamorphosis before I realize where I am.

"This is the same cafe that I frequent."

-

The cafe is now bustling with people. Many new groups of people are now entering and subsequently, a few people leave in their place. A barista surprises me as he runs at full force towards me. Before I could even react, he passes through me. I'm shocked for a moment before I break out laughing,

"T-That's right.. *snort* I've died!~", I rejoice.

I walk around the cafe, adoring every great detail of it. The industrial ventilation system that's on the ceiling. The nice photos hanging up on the walls. I sigh and keep my hands in my pocket, before I come across an unattended table, with a tray food, and a bunch of emptied cups on the table. Bad date, I'm guessing. I reach my arms out and try to grab the buns of the burger. My fingers pass RIGHT through them like it was nothing. A faint smirk spreads across my face in defeat as I keep forgetting that I've passed. I put my hands back in my pocket, and think to myself,