Chapter 10

Shalini and her boyfriend decided to spend the entire day on a romantic getaway but on the way, they started fighting about their relationship.

Her boyfriend felt like she was just using him as a boy toy to have fun with until her husband manages to inherit all the money. After which, Shalini would leave him to return to Anurag.

To be fair, that is exactly what Shalini had planned but she still pretended that she actually loved him.
But her pretense couldn't take her too far. Their fight intensified and she decided to return home.

As Shalini opened the door, she expected to see an empty dark house but that wasn't the case. Inside, the living room was dimly lit, and Shalini's eyes widened in disbelief as she saw Saanchi sitting on the kitchen island, along with a man she didn't recognize.

Saanchi and Abhay exchanged glances, while Shalini walked closer.

" How are you even awake and why is this stranger in our home? What the hell have you done? ", she screamed which made Saanchi flinch. Shalini's frustration escalated, and without thinking, she slapped Saanchi. The sound echoing in the tense room.

Abhay quickly stepped forward, trying his best to guard Saanchi. His eyes flashed momentarily, and he warned Shalini to control herself.

" Stay behind or you might end up regretting this. ", he muttered but Shalini was fuming. Her frustration with a troubled marriage with Anurag, a failing romance with her new boyfriend and the whole ordeal with Saanchi was getting to her head.

She ignored Abhay's warning and yanked Saanchi's hair.

" Ever since you barged into my life, everything has been about you! My plans, my peace, everything! I can't take it anymore. I'm going to fucking kill you, once and for all! ", she screamed and kicked her on the floor.

Abhay did not want to raise her hands on another woman but he was slowly reaching his breaking point.

As the tension rose, he started having intrusive thoughts of hurting her.
" Don't push me to hurt you Shalini. You're crossing a line. "

Shalini laughed at his threat, thinking he wasn't actually going to do anything and continued to hit Saanchi.

In an instant, Abhay snapped.

Saanchi was on the floor, covering her face, when she realised that the Shalini has stopped attacking. With shaky hands, she uncovers her face and looks up to see Abhay standing with a metal frying pan in his hands.

Blood dripping from it.

She looked down and screamed as she saw Shalini laying on the floor, her head smashed into pieces. A pool of blood forming under her.

" You k-killed her? ", she asked as she looked up to face Abhay but he was in a different trance. He could no longer differentiate between reality and his hallucinations.

" Did I kill her? ", Abhay asked with a straight face, " Did I actually kill her or is this my imagination, Saanchi? "

---

Saanchi sat silently in one corner as she watched Abhay on the other corner of the living room. He was pacing around, terrified of his own actions.

The one thing he was scared of doing, finally happened today.

He became a murderer.

" Are you okay, Abhay? ", Saanchi asked and he turned to face her.

" I killed her. I became a murderer. I- I have ruined my life, my purpose, my everything! ", he broke down. Saanchi rushed to hold him while the tears rolled down his face.

" Abhay, you're not a bad person. You're not a murderer, you were just... trying to protect me. ", she tried to ease his guilt but Abhay couldn't get a hold on himself.

" I never meant to kill her, I don't know what came over me. She was hurting you and the next minute, she was on the floor... Dead. ", Abhay squeezed his eyes shut as the moment replayed in his mind.

Saanchi smiled, " It's okay. We'll find a way to make everything right. "

Abhay looked at Saanchi, a bit puzzled by her calm demeanor. " Why are you so okay about this. There's a dead body in front of us! I just killed someone and you're... "

She sighed, " Shalini does not mean anything to me. It doesn't matter if she stays alive or dies. What matters is that you were protecting me! "

Saanchi pressed his forehead against his for a minute, while Abhay calmed down under her touch.

She turned to look at Shalini's dead body in the middle of the living room. Broken kitchen utensils and blood splattered everywhere. She sighed.

" We have to hide her body in the backyard. Let's go... ", she said and tried to walk over to the body when Abhay pulled her back.

" You're barely able to walk after being drugged, so you clean up the mess here, I'll dig up the ground and bury her in your backyard... ", he suggested and they parted ways momentarily to cover up.

---