3 - The morning before it happened

{Grians Pov}

I woke up, feeling a bit warm. I didn't seem to be where I was when I went to sleep. I opened up my eyes, and I saw the face of my archnemises. His hair swayed from left to right, his stomach breathed slowly, and his arms reached out, engulfing me in a hug.

I tried to push him off, but I could not. His grip was too strong. Sighing, I leaned into the hug and I must admit, I felt relaxed. I smiled as I nuzzled into his chest. I wished I could stay like that forever, even though I usually try to avoid this kind of attention. I looked around and saw that he placed his hands carefully below my wings. He must have tried to not wake me up. 

I decided it would be best to let him cuddle me. I couldn't leave anyway. I started to slowly drift back to sleep, and ask Scar about it when I woke up. I liked the feeling of being close to him.

{Impulses Pov}

My alarm clock woke me up, and I immediately got out my communicator. I privately chatted with Mumbo to see if Grian had left yet. He said Scar had taken him to his base. Now, Mumbo's not the best at keeping up with the server's events, but I'd at least expect him to know that Scar and Grian aren't allies.

I quickly flew to Scar's base and opened the door without knocking. I found Scar and Grian, lying together in bed, both snoring softly. At first, I thought Grian might be a traitor, who was helping Scar figure out who would more likely betray him. Or perhaps it could be the opposite way?

Then, I thought about how passionate Grian was to be in it. If he wasn't working on the barge or his base, this is where he would be. There's no way he could be a traitor.

I started to notice their position. Sure, Grian did seem to be nuzzled into Scar, but Scar seemed to be holding onto Grian. Scar had to be the reason they were like this. I tried to pull Grian off of Scar, but Scar wouldn't let go of the waffle boy.

I put Grian back to how he was before and decided to leave him that way. Scar pulled Grian closer, still in his sleep. I wondered how awkward this would be when they woke up. I explored Scar's house for a bit longer, to check if he had any information that could be useful. I didn't find anything, so I used my elytra and flew back to headquarters.

Etho and Stress were sitting at the table. "Impulse! You're here! We were so bored without you." Stress calls out to me as I walk over and take a seat. "Have you seen Grian?" Etho asks.

"Yeah, I got him to take a break. However, Scar has him." I tell them. I hear them gasp and they both give me a look that says "Tell me everything." I get comfortable in my chair so I can explain what I saw. "As I could see from his smaller eyebags, Grian must have been sleeping before Scar took him. When I got to Scar's house, I saw them both sleeping in the same bed!" I explain.

"Did anyone see Scar take Grian?" Etho asks me.

"Scar told Mumbo he was taking him. Mumbo's not the most educated on the turf war, so he let it happen." I say, using hand gestures to add effect.

"Do you know why they slept together?" Stress questions, looking worried.

"Well, Scar was holding on tightly, even in his slumber. I'm guessing Scar wanted to make sure Grian couldn't leave while he slept." I stopped talking for a moment to let them think, then continued, while Ren walked in. "But Grian didn't seem to fight it. He was nuzzled up to Scar's chest."

"What!? Grian with Scar!? What'd I miss?" Ren hollered, running up to the table.

"Scar took Grian while he was sleeping, and won't let him go!" Stress filled him in. I didn't tell any of them the exact position they were in, but I think they knew anyway. "Scar cuddled Grian to make sure he couldn't leave!"

I sat back as the three discussed what I'd told them. I wasn't that concerned if Grian was safe. I know that before the Turf War, Grian and Scar were pretty close. Maybe they just wanted to act like friends again. But, maybe Scar is doing something to Grian. Maybe He'll hurt him or lock him up. I tried to stay away from those thoughts. Grian could protect himself, and I knew that.

{Scar's Pov}

I woke up and felt something on my chest. I looked down, and I saw Grian nuzzled up to my chest. I blushed furiously. He looked so cute and I wished I could see him like this every day. But, no. He's my enemy. I'm supposed to be fighting him, not cuddling him. My hands were still right above his waist. I was comfortable in this position.

I looked at his face. I'm pretty sure his eyebags were bigger before I had him like this. He must be getting good sleep. I think he's prettier when he's healthy. I kissed his forehead and closed my eyes for a moment until I realized what I had done. I had fallen in love. For my enemy, of all people. But I couldn't help it. He was so small, yet he fit perfectly in my arms.

His dirty blonde hair looked slightly gold under the sunshine from the window. It lit up his perfect face. His mouth was slightly open, and If you listened well enough, you could hear light snoring. His lips looked so soft, and I put my finger on them to check.

At that moment, I wished that those soft lips would be on mine. His cheeks also felt soft, and I held one and carefully caressed it. I quietly chuckled at the cute avian boy.

Then I remember something, the Plan! It was time I stopped the mycelium nonsense from going around. I looked at Grian. I didn't want to trick the boy that I just thought about kissing. But, the Plan was already set up, and I had to do it.

I knew I had to get up and meet the HEP, but wanted to lay by Grian for a little bit longer. I didn't put us in this exact position. Grian must us moved closer during night time. I didn't mind though. I laid my head on top of Grians and decided I'd get up after ten more minutes.

1100 words