6 - Trust Issues

{Grian's Pov}

I woke up with a feeling of discomfort and pain. I remembered what happened earlier. I shot open my eyes, and just like last time, I was with Scar. Why do I always end up with Scar?

I slowly moved my head. I immediately recognized the base as Mumbo's. I have so many questions. Why am I in Mumbo's base? Why is Scar in Mumbo's base? 

I reached for my comminicator in my pocket. I noticed one of my legs had a cast, and that pant leg was cropped. I looked around a bit more, noticing how my wings were wrapped in bandages. I couldn't see it, but I was sure there were bandages on the rest of my body too. I probably seemed like a mummy.

My arms weren't injured too badly. I was lucky enough to not be destroyed. I stopped looking at myself and looked for messages in the communicator. There was a whole saga of war. It was mainly the Mycelium resistance, trying to contact me or Scar. They mentioned how they lost him after chasing after me. So, I realized we were probably using Mumbo's base as a hideout.

I finally looked up at Scar's face. He smiled at me. I thought he was asleep. He got out of bed, and slowly picked me up. I couldn't fight against it. He sat me down on a chair and left the room. My first thought was he was going to use this as an advantage to get resources or knowledge from me.

I didn't have much to say if he interrogated me, so I wasn't that worried. He came back in and I tried to say something, but I couldn't. My throat hurt, and nothing came out of my mouth. Scar noticed this and he handed me a water bottle.

I grabbed it from him and drank it, cause I didn't care if it was poisoned or not. When I was finished, I cleared my throat. "Scar?" I said, quietly.

"Yeah?" Scar turned to me and smiled. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, unsure if I wanted to hear the answer to that question.

Scar stayed quiet for a minute, thinking of an answer. He looked into my eyes, that goofy smile now gone. "I'm trying my best... to fix this." He finally said.

However, I did not think he was helping at all. I felt in the mood to start another war, even though I was already in another war I caused. The turf war, of course. The HEP just sucks sometimes.

My mind started to float away. I didn't pay attention to what was going on around me. I knew Scar was talking but I didn't listen.

I snapped back to reality when Scar touched my head. His hand was set on top of my head and his thumb was slowly brushing a lock of my hair. Even though he is a pain sometimes, he's good at comforting people. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, but that's fine.

"Are you okay, Grian?" Scar asked, with his hand still on my head.

"I'm okay..." I replied. I felt like I was dying, but I didn't tell him that. I had learned to hide my feelings from past experiences. Especially Sam...

Scar fell for my trick at first, but when he picked me up, he noticed my wings were bleeding again. Gah, stupid wings... He immediately re-bandaged my wings.

"Grian, why would you lie? I don't want you to be in pain." Scar mumbled the last part, but he wasn't very quiet.

"I'm fine Scar... I'm fine." 

"No Grian! You are not fine! Please, tell me when you are hurt." 

I didn't respond. I got up and stumbled over to Mumbo's kitchen. I grabbed a pan and reached to turn on the stove, but Scar stopped me. 

"Grian, you are injured. You're NOT cooking." Scar exclaimed, taking the pan from my hand and holding me back. I'm not sure why he cares so much. I get that he could be sorry for planning this, but this was kind of unnecessary. 

"What do you want me to do then?" I groaned. I don't like having someone in more control. Authority is stupid.

"The resistance will take care of you. We'll go in about 10 minutes." Scar seemed to have everything planned out.

I waited for those 10 minutes to pass. Scar checked my wounds again, and then we talked about stuff for the rest of the time. I forgot how funny Scar was. I laughed at most of his jokes, and every time I did, Scar's smile grew. I guess we all need somebody to talk to.

Scar got up and picked me up again. At this point, it felt normal for him to carry me. He started walking on the jungle floor, to not alert anybody watching.

In the middle of the walk, I started to panic. What If Scar wasn't trustworthy? What if he was going to set me in the middle of nowhere and leave me? What if he was going to hurt me? There have been times when I've been tricked like that. I... I don't want it to happen again...

If Scar was trustworthy, I probably wouldn't be in much pain! Scar isn't trustworthy! I was scared of what Scar was going to do. I wiggled a bit in Scar's arms. He didn't let go.

We stopped walking after some more time. We were in the shopping district, in front of the Barge. He set me down on a flowerbed and got onto his communicator. I saw him text something, but I couldn't read it from far away.

Soon, I saw Etho, Ren, xB, Jevin, and everybody else fly in. I calmed down. Jevin came up to me and asked "Mother Spore, how has your experience been with this evil mayor of demise?" I chuckled at his unexpected formality.

"It's been fine, you don't need to worry." I replied with a calming smile on my face.

Impulse and Stress looked at my injuries even though Scar had done it beforehand. Ren was watching Scar carefully, making sure this wasn't a trap.

xB mentioned that we didn't have time to chat with the enemy, so Etho and Doc grabbed me and we all went to headquarters.

I spent the rest of the day with my close friends. When it was near dark, we decided to have a sleepover at headquarters. I was excited for that.

{Scars Pov}

I spent the beginning of my day taking care of Grian. He's not the easiest to deal with, but I was able to get it done. He tried to tell me that he was okay when he was not. I don't get why he would do that. Perhaps he didn't trust me. He did try to get out of my arms multiple times, but he was too weak to do so. I wonder what that was about.

Nevertheless, I had a fun time with Grian. I liked sleeping next to him. I watched him sleep until he woke up, and he was really confused. I liked holding him, he was easy to carry and looked so cute. Gosh, I'm a simp. But I'm pretty sure anybody in my situation would think that.

I had talked with Grian in Mumbo's base. I enjoyed hearing him laugh. I haven't had a good chat like that in a while. I've been too busy being mayor. That's the reason I had to give him to the mycelium resistance. I had work to do.

I spent the rest of my day in the office, doing my job and petting Jellie. A creeper did manage to come in and blow a hole in the floor. I screamed because it surprised me. I managed to convince Cub to rebuild it. Man, am I lucky to have a friend like him.

1287 words