8 - Peace

{Grians Pov}

I woke up kinda warm. I knew the reason why, so I didn't get up to look around. After the antics at the sleepover, we all cuddled in front of the sofa, abandoning our original spots. I opened my eyes and saw everybody still there except Etho. I wonder where he went...

Nevermind. I smell the Canadian bacon in the kitchen. Etho has taken the responsibility of making breakfast every time we hang out in the morning. He likes to use ingredients from Canada for some odd reason they may or may not be because he is a piece of Canadian bacon.

I read the clock. It was 8:12. That's not my usual time to wake up, but it makes sense because I was up late last night. I shifted my gaze from the clock to my friends. Sure, we're in weird positioning, but I'm comfortable.

"Mother, are you awake?" Etho calls to me. I love how this turf war has brought us together. All the mycelium resistance members call me Mother Spore, and it warms my heart. I don't want to know what will happen after the war ends.

"I'm awake, child." I giggle after saying. I look as Etho walks from the kitchen to this room. He offers a hand which I take, getting up from between Ren and stress. I followed him to the kitchen to see bacon, eggs, and pancakes spread evenly against multiple plates.

I set the table, then go back to wake up everyone else. I wiped off my upper arm, which had a bit of Ren's drool on it and made sure the rest of my outfit was not dirty.

"Wake up, sleepyheads!"

Impulse groaned and turned over. "five more minutes..." Stress didn't wake up.

Ren got up after a minute and did some stretches.

Jevin got up immediately and ran to the kitchen. I followed behind knowing the others would come eventually.

I took a seat near the counter and Etho handed me a plate with a proud smile. He had placed the pancakes to look like a mushroom. He used the eggs and bacon as little decorations around the mushroom. I smiled at his work.

"Thank you, Etho!" I said, picking up a fork.

"This looks delicious!" Jevin smiled at his food before digging in. Etho's smile grew bigger. It was moments like these that made me feel happy. I made the right choice to come to Hermitcraft.

I waited for everyone else to sit down before I started eating. Just like every other meal my friends have cooked, it was delicious. 

After breakfast, we chatted for a bit. We discussed many topics, played many games of Would You Rather, and did some karaoke. You wouldn't believe what it sounded like when Doc sang Disney princess songs.

Then we went out to the shopping district. We set up an area in the park and enjoyed our time. I felt the sun glistening on my face, the cool breeze brushing against my wings, and the grass softly poking at my skin. I heard the sound of birds, the giggling of my friends, and windchimes making music. I took a sip out of my orange juice. What a nice day it was. 

"Gri?" Stress called me. I looked over. "Do you think we could go shopping soon?" She asked, which left me kind of confused.

"Of course, we can Stress. I'm not a dictator. I want what you want." I told her.

"Thanks, G. How about we go in... 10 minutes?"

"Sure."

And after waiting those ten minutes, we began walking down the shopping district. We had split into groups so we could all get what we wanted with less time. I was paired with Ren.

"Okay, what store should we stop at first?" I asked Ren while walking by his side on the walkway. 

"I think we should go buy some storage from Scar's shop."