13 - Belief and power

Avada ke-Lore!

{Xisuma's pov} 

I walked into the tunnel for the third time this week. Today was going to be the day where I finally figured out what was going on in the server.

I had mixed responses. Iskall said it was probably some sort of ancient Egyptian-like structure with a magical curse or something. Stress said it was probably a small project made by redstone, which many of the hermits use.

I decided to trust Grian's idea. He had told me that it was a sign of watchers. I'm no fool, and I know watchers are dangerous and violent. There is no way I would let a watcher stay on my server. Not even for a million diamonds.

I don't usually have much faith in Grian, but his explanation made more sense then the others. This was probably an attempt to destroy the server or take a few hermits. This wouldn't happen on my watch.

Grian seemed extremely nervous when I told him about the sign. He must have a affiliation with them, and not in a good way. He seemed kind of shocked when I mention Xelqua as well...

I pushed those thought aside. For such a dangerous mission, I made a plan. I would secure the safety of my friends.

As I walked downwards, it became eerily quiet. I thought about turning back, but that would mean giving them a chance to attack us instead. Considering the condition of some hermits, they would be an easy target.

You could here a pin drop on the other side of the tunnel and I'd probably hear it. It felt like time stood still. I started to wonder if I would come back or not. I don't want to leave anyone behind.

It made me a bit sad when I thought about my friends.

Iskall, with his extremely mock-able accent and his great skills. Mumbo, the icon of redstone who has the nicest personality. Keralis, the big eyed builder.

Cub, is Cub of course. Grian, our favorite pesky bird and prankster. And right by his side is Scar, the charming mayor of this soon-to-be-green-grass world! It's cute how they follow each other around constantly, even in war.

Of course, there were other hermits to think about as well, but I had made it to the symbol. Its aura seemed to get stronger the longer it was there. I swear I saw something enter a second ago. With hope I would return, I jumped in the portal.

{Scar pov}

After having a "normal" day inside the house, I went outside. The sun felt hotter than usual. The wind blew fast, and Jellie might have flown away if I didn't block the doorway.

I made my way to Grian's base. He wasn't far, so I walked instead of flying. Speaking of flying, Grian's wings were in better shape. I wonder if he can fly now.

I reached the stairs on his base. I looked over, and it looked like Grian was already outside, jogging to somewhere. I ran behind him. I stayed quiet, not wanting to let him know I was there. He seemed relaxed, yet also focused.

He went to X's base again. What did X need him for? I slowly snuck behind Grian. I kept my vision at his feet, so I would know when he stopped. I also thought that If I looked at him he would sense it or something.

I heard footsteps far behind us. The rest of the walked had been quiet, Grian seemed to be trying to stay quiet, so I followed in his footsteps. The footsteps got faster, and we moved faster. We stopped a structure that seemed magical. I wondered what I could do with it.

Apparently it was a portal.  I jumped after Grian, my clothes getting stuck on the bedrock for half a second. I got free, and looked around. It wasn't like anything I've seen before. But as I looked around, I realized all of those faces were not friendly.