11 - Getting ready

{Scar's POV}

I woke up before Grian this morning. I was cuddled up next to him and I could feel his breathing on my chest. I smiled as I looked down at him. 

Then I remembered what happened last night. I confessed to Grian because I thought he was sleeping. He was awake, so he heard what I said and felt me kiss his head.

I started to worry about it. What if he asks me about it when he wakes up? That's when I took what he said into effect. He said he loves me too. 

Was it just a dream? It seemed like something that would only happen in a dream. Of course it's a dream. He wouldn't love me.

I started to blush as I thought about him saying it. Grian was still asleep, so I had some time to think about what to do with this feeling.

I tried my best to get a hold of everything that happened that night. I invited Grian over for a sleepover, we watched movies, and I kissed his forehead and told him I loved him. 

Then he said he loved me. After he fell asleep, I kissed him on the lips. His lips were soft. I looked at the sleeping Grian in my arms. I pulled his face up. Then, just like last night, I kissed him again. 

I pulled away and I'm sure my face looked like a tomato. I didn't care. I was happy. I held Grian in a more comfortable position to ensure that he wouldn't start stirring. 

I checked the time on my communicator. It was 6:30 AM. I didn't have a lot planned for today, but I thought I should get up anyway.

I walked over to my kitchen and set Grian down on the counter. His legs dangled off the side as his back leaned against the wall. 

I got out a new skillet and turned on the stove. I planned on making French toast. I got out all the ingredients and set them next to Grian. 

Getting to work, I mixed my ingredients. I cracked 5 eggs into the bowl, along with two tablespoons of sugar, one teaspoon of cinnamon, and a secret ingredient. 

I dunked in the bread and set it off to the side as I heated the skillet. I melted the butter and then let the toast cook. I waited four minutes on each side.

When they were done, they were a golden brown color. I added syrup and whipped cream. I carefully decorated them with fruits. It was the best-looking French toast I had ever made. 

I set the plates down at the table and went back to wake up Grian. 

"Grian, wake up! I made breakfast!" I stated in his ear. He started took wake up so I took him off the counter and carried him to his seat. 

"Scar?"

"Yes, dove?" I said, seeing him blush slightly from the nickname. 

"... Good morning, Scar. " He yawned a small yawn that I thought was kind of cute.

After we ate, and Grian was done telling me how great of a chef I am, it was around 7:00. He was cleaning himself up in the bathroom while I privately texted Mumbo. 

<GoodTimeWithScar> hey

<MumboJumbo> What do you need at seven in the morning? 

<GoodTimeWithScar> Just wanted to let you know how freaked out I am right now, Mumbo

<GoodTimeWithScar> I told Grian I loved him but I thought he was sleeping

<GoodTimeWithScar> he wasn't

<GoodTimeWithScar> he hasn't brought it up yet but I'm scared

<MumboJumbo> Don't worry, you've got this!