9 | Schemes and Tigers

Author here.

100 vote!  Lets goooo!

Episode 4!

Uhhhh...

nothing much else to say except...

Enjoy!

and also sorry for taking forever...

-The beginning of the chapter brought to you by Elze and Linse play-fighting when they were little-

...

The carriage rode with speed off towards the King's Palace, eager to arrive there as swiftly as possible.  Alfred, the King's brother and the Duke, rode along in the carriage along with Y/n, a red-haired adventurer who was capable of performing miracles.

Alfred: "Our own nobles may have done this.  There's a powerful faction that opposes trade with the Kingdom of Mismede."

Y/n: "Another Kingdom?"

Alfred: "Yes.  The King there is a beastman.  And my brother... has been recently considering an alliance with this land.  Should he fall, the crown will be passed to his eldest daughter, Princess Yumina.  If the culprit is within out court they could use her youth to their gain, assuming power as an advisor or even as a husband."

Y/n: "I get it... so you want me to use Recovery on the King?"

Alfred: "Yes.  That spell will foil the assassin's efforts, and save my brother's life."

Y/n: "Understood."

The carriage rode for several more minutes before they came across the front entrance of the palace, stepping out of their cages and immediately heading inside.  Luckily, Y/n was unimpeded because of the Duke's presence and Y/n wearing the medal that the Duke had given him.  They stepped inside and when they were about to head up the staircase, a noble man, in green clothing stood at the top of the stairs and talked down to them.

Alfred: "Hmph.  Count Balsad."

Y/n: 'Don't laugh. Don't laugh.  It's not his fault his name sounds like 'Ballsack' and he looks like one...'

Y/n struggles to keep in his laughter as the fat noble in green speaks

Balsad: "Ah... it's an honor your grace.  You come at the perfect time!"

The Duke and Y/n climb the stairs as Y/n gets a better look at the man.  He has his hair in a weird fashion that reminds Y/n of a combination of Dr. Robotnik and Wolverine.  Y/n figured he might be the culprit from how blatantly evil his appearance looked with the man's smug and evil grin.

Balsad: "Our guards have apprehended the culprit of the crime against the King's life."

This actually surprised Y/n with the sudden knowledge that they already caught the culprit.