11 | Supposed Serenity

Addition of a new character, I know...

But some peeps are gonna begin dying, or changing, so it's fine in my eyes.

Also sorry for taking longer than normal, I've been dealing with some family problems and such.  And I got a new kitten!!  Her name's Ash and she's freaking adorable, I'm in kitten love.

Anyhoo...

Enjoy!

-The beginning of the chapter brought to you by the sounds of a whirring drill and clanking of metal-

Within Sector W, there was a small building that was sort of rundown and rusty but remained standing and mostly shiny.  It had cogs and various steampunk related technologies sticking out of the walls and windows.  Pipes and cogs littered the walls as decoration.  And within this steampunk house, was a man.

???: "Phew..."

The man sighed as he rested back in his chair, looking upon a small robot he's just finished making.  The robot was a quadrupedal dog-like robot with chrome plating covering it's body.  The man who sighed was a tall man, wearing a brown trenchcoat with steampunk accents along it.  The man had spinning cogs sticking out the right side of his head, and his cog-like eyes ticked behind his steampunk goggles.  His red hair was dyed blonde, but was fading, so his red hair shown through at the base, but the tips of his fluffy locks were blonde.

Dr. Clockworks: "Haaah... this should be good.  Just a few minor twinks and it should be ready to go-"

A knock on the door interrupted the doctor's thoughts, and he spun around in his chair to face the door.  He put his goggles onto his forehead.

Dr. Clockworks: "Come in?"

The door opened on it's own, revealing a hooded figure.  He had space-like magic gauntlets, and a black cape.  His black shirt was lightly stained with blood.  But the most notable feature was his crimson vortex eyes shining out from under the hood, and a shining white grin.

Dr. Clockworks: "Alright, Cheshire Cat... what do you need?"

Maz: "Someone dead."

Dr. Clockworks: "..."

The man with a cog-like eyes stared blankly and blinked a few times in silence.

Dr. Clockworks: "...Straight the point I guess."

Maz: "I like to be punctual~"

Dr. Clockworks: "Target?-"

Maz: "Cycle 1657-A."

Maz responds almost immediately.

Dr. Clockworks: "And what's my payment?"

Maz: "Immense levels of power."

Dr. Clockworks: "... How so?"

Maz drops his hood, revealing his face.

Maz: "Let's just say... When I get mine back... Ill have plenty to share."

The steampunk themed man's head droops to the floor in consideration, realizing whom he's talking with.

Dr. Clockworks: "Alright then... But some extra conditions..."

Maz: "Which are...?"

Dr. Clockworks: "I do this job for you, and you don't kill me.  I won't ever attempt to kill you, and I will never ask anything else from you... deal?"

Maz: "Eh... works for me~."

Maz and Dr. Clockworks shake hands before Maz turns, puts his hood back up and begins to walk back out the door he came from.