Chapter 8 - The Entrance Exam at Last

Izuku smirked as he blocked yet another One For All-powered punch from Katsuki, who just growled in frustration. Friday, February 23rd, would be their last training session before the entrance exam, and they planned to make the most of it.

"Why won't you go all-out, you fucking nerd?!" Katsuki screamed as he launched toward Izuku with a flurry of punches and kicks.

Izuku dodged a few of Katsuki's hits, blocking some others. "Simple: we'll eventually face each other at U.A."

The blonde leaped back, firing an 8% explosion – dubbed his Azido technique in reference to the "azidoazide azide" chemical – in clusters at Izuku. "And what do you mean by that?"

In response, Izuku flared his ki and crossed his arms in front of him in an X, tanking the explosion with only a few surface marks to show for Katsuki's efforts. "Whether it's in class or the Sports Festival, we'll have to fight eventually. I want to keep some tricks up my sleeve, you know."

"FUCK YOU, SMARTASS!" Katsuki screeched while firing rapid clusters of 4% Azido attacks.

"Says the kid that goes to bed at 9PM sharp every day!" Izuku taunts while launching a volley of energy balls to match each explosion, canceling each other out in the process.

Unfortunately for the half-Saiyan teen, the matched attack created a smokescreen that his brother used to close in with a One For All-powered lunge, aiming a roundhouse kick for his solar plexus. On the other hand, Izuku could still sense energy, so he could tell the attack was coming.

Unfortunately, he hasn't adjusted to dealing with Katsuki's boosted strength and speed, so his counter block connected after Katsuki's attack landed. It was strong enough to send Katsuki flying to the side with a solid blow on his shin, but for his efforts, he landed against the concrete wall of the beach staircase. He knew there would be noticeable damage before even looking since he had to actually try to dislodge himself.

"Damn, I need to get used to your new power," Izuku remarked. "If I keep suppressing myself like I have, I'll wind up seriously injured."

"Damn right you will," Katsuki snarked back, jogging over to the greenette and helping him out of the miniature crater. "I think it's time we get back home and hit the hay; wanna be all set for the entrance exam tomorrow."

Izuku nodded. "Yeah, good idea, let's do that."

//

Despite being there previously for One For All, it still felt like a dream for both boys to stand before U.A. High School. Izuku's tail swished rapidly in excitement just being near the building while he floated above the ground next to Katsuki.

"This is so exciting, Kacchan! We're finally making our first true step towards being heroes together!"

Katsuki smiled at his antics and smacked his back with 1% of One For All. "Damn right, nerd. Just don't get too worked up."