IX. NINE

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

I may be out of line, but hiding your true self and putting on airs doesn't seem any different than running away to me." - Tamaki Suoh

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

Are twins truly all different?

I mean, look at me and Haruhi. Even though we don't come from the same birth mother, in this universe we're twins. Some of my mannerisms have changed while being here, and even though we have different interests and hobbies—we clearly were twins.

But...then you see the redhead twins and you can't help but wonder...

"Then... Do you know which one is Hikaru and which one is Kaoru?" The twins ask with a spin. This is the question I always ask whenever they play their stupid game. "It's the 'Which one is Hikaru-kun' game!"

The ladies cheered.

I sat and watched the shit show while assisting Tamaki today. Haruhi was with us before she got up and left us. Our next customer doesn't come until a bit later.

We got a pass because of what happened with Renge, even though it's been a few days. My wound started to scab and I should be all good within a week.

I couldn't care less as I wrote poems into my already overstuffed notepad...I should honestly get a new one but—I'm kinda attached to the little thing.

It was black and there was a tiny clip at the top that held my pen (actually pens, I keep losing them..) there were random Post-it notes stuck on the inside and a lot of them peeked out.

"Well then, can you tell which one is Hikaru?" They asked again

"Oh, that's so hard..."

"You two look so identical."

"So far, no one has been able to really tell who's who."

"What a worthless game," Haruhi commented as she passed the twins. I love my sister, she can be so shady sometimes.

The twins stopped and looked at her. "What? Is there something you don't like about it?"

"Actually... I still don't get why you two are so popular."

"Oh, that's something nice to say." Hikaru scowled.

"It seems that Haruhi..." Kaoru pushed the cap farther up his head. "... does not understand the benefits of us, the twins, being in the Host Club."

"I've got a twin too and you don't see me trying to fuck her—"

"WOAH—" I screamed from across the room. I put down my notepad and a few Post-its flew out. Tamaki was quick to place them back in the notepad.