That Didn't Go As Planned

'Well, shit'

Mitch thought to himself when Ester told him the news. He covered his face with his hands, groaning.

This was bad. This was really bad.

What were they going to do?
___________________________________

Let's rewind.
_________
_________________________

After breakfast, Mitch fell back into the swing of things. They had a rare day off so he and Scott decided to go shopping around town.

They had made it about twenty minutes before Scott had to bring up that morning.

"So.. You and Avi?" the baritone asked casually. Mitch sighed, not even sure where to start.

"No. There is no me and Avi. We're just friends." Mitch stated resignedly while picking through the racks of clothes. He pulled out an oversized sweater, held it up against him to see the length, then put it back. He really doesn't need another big sweater.

"So you sleep with all of your friends?" Scott asked, being the smartass he is.

"I've never slept with you, have I?" Mitch turned towards Scott, eyebrow raised. Sassiness was his defense mechanism, okay?

Scott looked unimpressed.

"Ugh fine you're no fun." Mitch sighed. He crossed his arms and muttered "It was an accident, okay."

"An accident?" Scott asked rightfully confused.

"Yes, an accident. We both had way to many drinks, we're both single so, yeah we may have slept together." Mitch started walking toward another rack. "But neither of us remember it and it wont happen again. There, problem solved!" Mitch exclaimed bringing his attention back to the clothes. He knew Scott could see through his 'not a care in the world' attitude. But hey might as well try to sell it.

"Uh huh, sure" Scott said unconvinced. "Just know if you need to talk to anyone I'm right here, your best friend, a shoulder to lean on.." He trailed off dramatically.

"Sis, have you been drinking? Sounding a little sentimental over here" Mitch laughed trying to move the attention away from himself.

Scott seemed to drop the conversation which Mitch was happy for.

Altogether they had a succesfull shopping trip. They both had their arms full with shopping bags and they headed back to the hotel. The group had agreed to meet back at Kevin's room at 4:30 to arrange.

They hurried to their hotel room to drop their stuff off.

"Ugh we are so going to be late this is your fault." Scott accused.

"What how is it my fault?!" Mitch exclaimed voice lilting.

"You just had to try on every pair of shoes. Every. Single. Pair. Isn't that a little excessive?" Scott laughed as he saw Mitch unpacking 4 new pairs of shoes all seemingly identical.

"Bitch don't come for me they're Acne!" Mitch said while grabbing his bag so they could hurry to Kevin's room.

"Fine fine lets go!" Scott hurried out the door.
__________________________
The two barely made it on time and were out of breathe when arriving.

The group was working on this new original for the next album today. It was a beautiful song, Mitch knew the fans were going to love it. He and Kevin had written it on a random high of creativity. It was soft and simple, and showcased everyone's talents beautifully.

Mitch was sitting on the hotel bed between Scott and Avi. When he sat down Avi scooted a little farther away from him. Ouch. Why was he acting like Mitch had the plague?

The tenor tried to not let it get to him. He really didn't want Avi upset with him. Butt it makes sense considering this was probably all Mitch's fault anyway. It always was.

He cleared his head and focused on what he loved most. The music.

He was singing a soft melody while Kirstie sang lead. She had such a beautiful tone to her voice that Mitch couldn't help but admire. His falsetto flowed through the air giving the song a fluid, light feeling.

His voiced faded back to light hums. He looked over at Avi whose eyes slid shut as he hummed, the bass immersed into the song. Mitch noted how his low notes seem to flow through the air like honey, slow and sultry..

Mitch caught himself staring and jerked his head away, mentally scorning himself. Could he not think of the man for less than five minutes!

He looked over and saw Scott looking at him, smiling, almost as if to say 'Haha, I saw that'. Why was he Mitch's best friend again?

Mitch took a deep breath and started his solo. It was easy to get lost in the song. The words tumbled out a fell into place stunningly. Well, it was until it was interrupted by someone knocked at the door. The singers came to a halt.

"Come in!" Kevin's voice rang out. Esther's head peaked in through the door.

"Sorry to bother you guys! This is just.. Um.. Kind of important. Avi, Mitch, could I talk to you for a sec?"

Mitch's heart stopped.

'Fuck this can't be good' he thought anxiously. Did she find out? She had to have found out why else would she be calling them two in particular. He tried to calm his breathing as he and Avi got up and met Esther in the hall.

"So what's all this about?" Avi asked. To anyone else he would have seemed unfazed. But Mitch noticed the shiftiness in his gaze and his foot tapping nervously. At least Mitch wasn't the only one freaking out.

Without a word, she passed Avi her cell with a pointed look on her face. He squinted at the screen, the light from the phone illuminating his face. He scrolled down a little.

After a few moments his eye grew wide out of shock.

"Oh." Avi said, voice shaking. He passed Mitch the phone and then hastily exited back into the room.

Mitch watched as the door closed, confused about what would cause Avi to act like that.

Mitch looked at the phone in his hand and knew why.
-----------
PTX Stars Avi And Mitch An Item?!

"Avi Kaplan and Mitch Grassi, were seen last night at the Chateau Nightclub together. Some fans of the group caught Mitch and Avi, on camera, making out outside of the club and jumping into a cab together. Ever since these pictures surfaced on Twitter, they have spread like wildfire.."
-----------

Mitch's hand was shaking as he scrolled down and saw the pictures the pop article was talking about. The first two pictures were just of them two walking out of the club holding hands, obviously drunk off their asses. Although it was dark, it was still unmistakably them.

Then Mitch saw the last picture. He gasped.

In the picture Mitch had his arms wrapped around the bass's shoulders and was kissing the man passionately. Meanwhile Avi had his arm wrapped around the tenor's waist pulling him closer.

That fucker even had his hand on Mitch's ass.

'Well shit'