Avi, Wake Up!

Author's Note: Sorry. Avi POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"AVI HELP ME!"

He was running. The hallway was never ending, but he couldn't stop. He didn't see an end, only darkness, but he couldn't stop running.

"AVI PLEASE" Her voice screamed at him. It shook his very core.

He ran faster. But her voice was everywhere. It surrounded him, engulfed him. He had to find her, he can't let this happen. No, not again.

"WHY DIDNT YOU SAVE ME AVI?!"

The question pierced him like a knife to the gut. He slowly came to a halt. He could feel his heart pounding. He looked around him and couldn't find where the voice was coming from. Her voice suffocated him as it wrapped around him like a python.

"WHERE WERE YOU? I NEEDED YOU!"

Avi's back hit the wall as he tried to get away from the voice.

"YOU CANT LET THIS HAPPEN TO ME, AVI, PLEASE!"

The voice sounded different. It wasn't her any more.

When Avi recognized the voice, he slid down the wall and onto the ground. No, not him. Please not him.

"AVI, PLEASE!"

Avi closed in on himself. He covered his ears as the voice, Mitch's voice, screamed at him.

"YOU COULD'VE SAVED ME, AVI!"

He screwed his eyes shut. He tried to shut it out but he couldn't. That voice kept stabbing at him, tearing him apart.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT, AVI!"

"YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE!"

"WAKE UP, AVI!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"WAKE UP, AVI!"

Avi woke with a shout. He felt hands on him and tried to fight him off, his heart thumping out of his chest.

"Avi, it's just me." Mitch place his hands on either side of his face. "Baby, calm down." Avi looked at him and tried to calm his breathing. He saw the tenors concerned eyes and the voice rang through his head again like an echo.

You can't let this happen to me, Avi.

He looked away and pulled out of Mitch's grasp.

"Are you okay?" Mitch asked, worried. He placed a hand on Avi chest, trying to get the man's attention.

"I'm fine, it was just a nightmare." Avi replied, closed-off, but the tremor in his tone gave him away. He turned away from Mitch so he wouldn't see the tears starting to flow down his cheeks. Avi felt a hand on his shoulder.

"This is the third nightmare this week. Are you sure you're-"

"I said I'm fine. Now drop it!" Avi yelled. His heart broke when the tenor pulled his hand away like he'd been burned. He didn't want to hurt him.

But he had to, he can't let someone get close again, not after last time. The thought of her made Avi's heart ache.

He pulled the blankets closer and buried himself into mattress. Then closed his eyes and tried to forget.