35

There was a snow warning today and all the directors called in and said we had to cancel. My day was mostly spent in my apartment. It reached 9 and I had nothing to do the whole day. I sat on the couch and flipped on the TV. My mind felt so bored and couldn't quite find anything to watch on Netflix. Elvis was in Wisconsin, my parents were looking  after him. I missed being home a little but I mostly missed the warm weather. It was freezing here and it was only December I could only imagine what it would be like in February.

It was a boring Saturday and I wanted coffee so bad but this couch was so comfortable. I looked at my phone to see if I had any text messages from Mads. She was in Greece shooting a new movie. I missed her too. My door bell rung and I got up. Once I opened the door Austin was standing there. He was in a brown leather jacket with dark blue jeans. He's hair was still wet from the shower and it swooped down over his forehead. 

"Hey what are you doing here," I asked. "I'm bored out of my mind at my apartment" I giggled a little bit because we were in the same boat. "Do you wanna get Starbucks with me," Austin asked. "You don't even have to ask" we walked down to the parking lot and got in his car. Once we got in he plugged in my phone to his car and started my playlist. Maybe it's the fact that I hadn't changed my password or the fact that Austin still felt somehow connected to me. Of course we had kissed a couple of times off of set and hung out but I had no idea what we were.

"So how's shooting going for you" I mean I kinda knew had to answer the question but also he was breathing down my neck most of the film.  "It's going okay, you" "It's going good, I know it's your first job back in a year but I know it's hard getting back into it" My head turned toward him my eyes had started to get a little watery. We stopped in line waiting for the cars to move up. I began to hug him. "Yeah it is a little bit," I said with a tear going down my face. His hand went to the back of my head. Once we parted from the hug his hand wiped my tear away. 

"You know I hate it when you cry" Oh do I know. "Yeah i'm sorry" We pulled up to the window and there were a couple of girls in the window waiting. They were almost screaming when they saw us. Austin said thanks, we left while Taylor Swift The Way I Loved You started to play. Austin's hand reached for the knob to turn it up. Austin started to sing  30 seconds into the song, I giggled. I began to sing with him, we may have looked crazy but I don't think we really care it's just us. 

As soon as Austin pulled up to the apartment building we were laughing so hard because Austin brought up the time Timothee Chalamet fell over at the Oscar's while the camera was off of him. "Thanks Aus, it was great" "Yeah" I was almost out the door once Austin called my name. "Kaylen, don't forget your drink" I looked down and didn't even realize he got me a drink. "Thanks Aus" I pulled my head my in the car and kissed his cheek.