Chapter 7

"Hermione, dear please stop pacing. You haven't done anything but that since you spoke to that man on the phone." Hermione's mother said, watching her daughter pace from one side of the living room to the other without stopping.

"I'm sorry, mum, I'm just thinking and sometimes I think better when I'm moving," Hermione said, forcing herself to drop onto the couch beside her mother, leaning her head on her shoulder.

"What has you so tense and deep in thought? Is it that boy of yours? Roland was it?"

"Ronald, mum. But no it isn't him. We've broken up because he wasn't the person I thought he was. It's Harry, you remember him right?"

"That sweet boy who seemed to have the world on his shoulders? Of course, I remember him; sweet as can be and just as polite. What's wrong with him?"

"He had some trouble in our world... people accused and wrongly judged him for doing something he didn't do. I found evidence that would help prove his innocence, but I don't think it would do any good if I took it to anyone. Everyone seems so deep in the Ministry and the ones that aren't, well they just seem to want to forget the war and just move on. That means just accepting that Harry is guilty and not doing anything else. Anyone who might have stood beside me to help and try to get people to believe... most of them died in the final fight... I'm basically alone in this." She said with a frustrated sigh, tugging at her curls. "That man that called the other day said he was trying to help Harry, that he believed he was innocent, but I don't know if I can trust him." Hermione confided.

"You're a smart girl, Hermione, and that's not just your mother saying it. If you feel that you can trust this man I think that you should."

"What if he's just trying to get information on Harry and decided to use me since I'm his best friend?"

"Like I said, darling, you're a smart girl. I can't tell you how to know if he's being truthful, or even to trust your first gut instinct, but I know you'll figure it out."

Giving a slight smile, Hermione stood up, picked up the phone and moved towards the stairs.

"Thanks mum, I'll bring the phone back down when I'm done with it."

Walking up to her room, Hermione shut the door then sat on her bed and found the number in the phone that Tony had called her on and redialed it.

It rang two times before it was answered by a British sounding man.

"Hello?"

"Hello, I'm returning a call. I need to speak with Mr... Tony." Hermione said, feeling a little foolish at not knowing the man's last name.

"Who may I say is calling, Miss?"

"Hermione Granger."

"Of course, Miss Granger. Please give me a moment while I get him for you."

She was only waiting about a minute before the phone was picked up and the man that she had spoken to answered.

"Hello, Miss Granger. I was hoping you would return my call." Tony said, sounding slightly breathless.

"I want to start off by saying that if you honestly wish to help Harry then I'll help you, but I want proof. Just because I looked up that group you told me to and saw that they're heroes doesn't make me trust you instantly."

"What would make you trust me and my group?" Tony asked. "Maybe proof that we have Harry here with us and he's safe and fighting off the potions that were forced into him?"

"He... he's there? I want to speak with him." Hermione demanded.

"Well, he's not currently awake right now. He woke up the previous night, but hasn't yet today. The person we have keeping an eye on him who knows about magic said it's not unusual for him to be in and out of consciousness because his magic needs to build back up in his core."