Chapter 19

As days and then weeks went by, Harry continued to receive letters from people. Some claimed to have always believed in him while others cursed at him and wished death upon him. They were slowly decreasing in number and he guessed that soon he wouldn't be receiving any at all. He mostly just ignored them now since there was no one he really wanted to speak with from there. That place was his past and he wanted it to stay there.

That was until one afternoon when he walked back into his room after a few hours of training with Steve. On the back of a chair was a familiar reddish barn owl that belonged to the Weasley family. They had purchased it after their old owl injured its wing when Ron, Hermione, and he had started their last year of Hogwarts.

"Hello, girl." He said, approaching the owl, hesitating when he saw the letter attached to her leg. It wasn't a Howler and looked like a regular letter, be he was still afraid to open it and read what they had to say.

"Best to get this over with." He mumbled, reaching out to take the letter.

Hesitating for a few more seconds, he opened the letter and started reading.

Harry, dear,

I just want to start by saying I'm sorry we haven't been in touch with you before or after your innocence was proven (not that we doubted you). We were just so grief-stricken and busy preparing for Fred and George's funeral as well as Arthur being in Saint Mungo's. They weren't able to save his leg, but he's alive and that's all that matters to us. That's no excuse for not standing up for you or being there for you and I'm not trying to make excuses for us. I don't see how anything can justify not being there for you when you needed us the most. We all want to see you and have you come visit. Please say yes. We all desperately need to see that you're okay with our own eyes.

Molly.

Setting the letter down, Harry put his head in his hands with a sigh. He wasn't sure what he should do; while he wanted to see the Weasleys, he didn't want to cause them the stress and fighting that would come from Ron if he did go to see them.

"My brother and his allies and your sister have gone to their 'fundraising' event so we are currently alone and...what is wrong?" Loki asked as he walked into the room and caught sight of Harry's slumped figure.

Without lifting his head, Harry flapped a hand towards the innocent-looking letter on the table.

Moving over, Loki took a seat beside Harry and wrapped one arm around him while his other reached out to bring the letter to him so he could read it.

"What will you do?" He asked once he finished reading.

"Fuck knows," Harry mumbled, finally looking up at his lover.

"Will you respond?"

"Yeah, of course, but I don't know what I'll say," Harry said, rubbing at his temples.

"Come here." Loki said, beckoning him with a finger while standing up.

Wordless moving over to his side, Harry leaned into the taller god's side.

"Do not stress yourself over this." Loki practically ordered while he replaced Harry's hands with his own to rub at the green-eyed teen's temples.

Moaning, Harry leaned into the massaging fingers and said, "You're good at this."

"I've had much practice because of Thor."

After a few minutes, Harry gently brushed Loki's hands away from his head then dragged his arms down and around his waist so he was just holding him, wrapping his own arms around the god as well.