Chapter 15

Sitting at his table only a few days after the trip to the shopping alley in New York, Harry used his wand to summon a pen and some paper over to him, watching with a grin as it floated over to him. His magic seemed to be back fully and seemed to be working normally. He barely got tired, except for in extreme cases when he used it excessively and in large amounts.

Jotting down a quick message to 'whom it may concern' at the local Gringotts about setting up a meeting as soon as possible, Harry called Hedwig over and attached the letter to her leg.

"They'll be some treats here for you when you get back," Harry said giving Hedwig a scratch under her chin.

Hooting, Hedwig started for the window which Jarvis opened for her before she could fly into it then quickly closed it behind her.

"Thank you, Jarvis." Harry said, standing up from the chair.

"You're welcome, Harry."

Moving over to the kitchen, Harry grabbed a bottle of water and took a few sips of it while he walked to the bedroom. He only made it halfway there before Jarvis spoke up.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but sir has asked that you join him in the testing labs as soon as possible."

"Alright let him know that I'll be right down," Harry said, turning around, heading for the door, stopping only to set down his bottle of water on the table.

Within less than a minute he was stepping out of the elevator and into the lab where Tony, Bruce and Hermione were.

"So... what's up?" He asked, looking between the three excited people.

"We figured it out! Hermione has already tested out the invention, but I want you to give it a shot too. If it can withstand your magic then it should withstand anyone's." Tony said, looking like he wanted to bounce excitedly.

"What'd you do?" Harry asked curiously.

"It was actually pretty simple. I made miniature surge protectors that Hermione then warded with magic dampening spells that she said were used on babies and kids to keep them from hurting themselves from large accidental magic bursts... do you think you'd be up to testing it out for us?" Tony asked eagerly.

"Yeah, I can do that."

"Great! We put the chip in this cell phone. Just hold onto it and cast a few spells and see what happens." Tony said, handing over the small, black phone. "Jarvis record everything for future reference."

"Yes, sir. It is ready whenever you are."

"Great go for it... oh wait before you do turn it on and tell me the battery level on it." Tony said, grabbing his tablet.

Nodding, Harry flipped the phone over and slid his finger across the screen to unlock it. "It's got a full battery right now."

"Okay, got it. Now, go for it. Check the battery and if it's still working after every spell and let me know so I can keep track." Tony said with a hand motion causing Bruce to grin and roll his eyes at Tony's eagerness.

Pulling his wand out of his pocket, Harry started casting spells, starting with very simple spells like casting a Lumos before gradually increasing after each spell. When he hit a stronger spell, the phone lights flared up before returning to a dark screen. Stopping, Harry tried to unlock the phone and glanced at it.

"Well it still works, but after that, the battery is in the red and almost dead." He said, handing the phone back to Tony.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but your owl has returned," Jarvis said.

"Thank you, Jarvis. Did she have a letter tied to her leg?"

"She does appear to."

"Thanks, Jarvis," Harry said. "Well, I've got to go and check that letter if you don't need me any more. Did you need me for anything else?"