Chapter 18

The next morning the team plus Loki, Hermione and Harry were all sitting in the communal dining room eating breakfast when there was a rush in activity from a pack of owls flying into the room all bearing letters and one with a copy of a newspaper.

Acting quickly, Hermione threw up a barrier that kept the owls from getting on the table so they didn't knock anything down.

"Well, I think something must have happened," Harry said with a fake surprised tone in his voice and widened eyes.

Snorting, Tony said, "I thought only I could pull that fake innocence off so well."

"You don't pull it off at all, we just act like you do," Natasha said looking at him over the rim of her coffee as she sipped at it, ignoring the owls.

"Well, I'm out of here I don't like that many birds," Clint said standing up, snagging a piece of toast off of the plate before he left.

"But you fit in so well! You should share your nest with them!" Tony called after him, ducking to avoid the crust of toast that the archer threw at his head.

One of the owls watched the crust as it bounced on the table and flew into the barrier trying to reach it.

Snorting, Tony let out a laugh and stood up, dragging Bruce up with him and said, "Well I am going as well. I don't do well with any animals."

"I happen to like animals so I'm going with why?" Bruce asked, looking amused as Tony dragged him behind.

"Because I said so."

"You actually haven't said anything, you've just manhandled me." Bruce's voice said as it slowly got fainter as they reached the elevator.

Thor merely continued to eat, only watching the owls a little more as they eyed the food on his plate.

Pulling his wand out of his pocket, Harry spelled all of the letters and papers off of them and floated them over to the table before he ripped up a few pieces of toast and tossed it outside of the barrier. The owls instantly dove onto the food, gobbling it up before some flew off, apparently not needing a reply.

Reaching out, Harry snagged up the copy of the Daily Prophet and opened it up, Looking at the bold headline which proclaimed; BOY WHO LIVED INNOCENT! MINISTER OUTED FOR FALSITIES. Underneath it there was a smaller title which read; Ministry to undergo complete reformation by the IWC (International Wizard Council) with an entire new staff being brought in after atrocious behavior by shamed ex-Minister Cornelius Fudge. Under that was the byline; Written by the new head writer of the Daily Prophet, Rebeka Smith.

Scanning through the paper, Harry just glanced through the article about him until he got to the part about Fudge.

Ex-Minister Cornelius Fudge and his group of personal guards have been stripped of their titles and are awaiting trial in front of the IWC. They were held in a cell until bail was posted by an anonymous donor and it is assumed that they have since returned to their homes to avoid any confrontations. The trial is set for this weekend and is an open trial. There has been an outcry in support of blocking all of the guilty of their magic and banishing them to the Muggle world to suffer in a world they are unfamiliar with while others are in support of life in Azkaban.

Due to the breach of trust and rights done by the ex-Minister and the wavering trust, the IWC has sent a proclamation that they will be removing everyone from their seat in the Ministry and will work to fill those seats with trustworthy and law-abiding citizens. They will also be going over every law set in place, every trial ran, basically anything done by Fudge and will attempt to offer retribution to anyone he has wronged during his reign as Minister.