Chapter 12

A long two weeks later, Harry was nervously fiddling with the cuffs of his dress shirt as the time for him to leave for his meeting with the President of Magic; Mathew Davidson. The meeting was set at his office in the Wizarding street in New York; the entrance he was told to go to was in Rockefeller Center near the ice rink and the statue underneath where the Christmas tree was set up.

Grabbing his cloak, Harry slipped it around his shoulders and did up the clasp in the front but left the hood down for the moment. Walking out of the bedroom he saw the same group of disgruntled people from before waiting for him.

"Are we going to be going over this again?" He asked, amused.

"I'm a genius so I get it, but why don't you explain it again as if I wasn't," Tony said with a pout on his face.

"Okay, I will. Tony, you can't go because you, Hermione and Bruce haven't made great progress stopping tech from blowing up around magic. If you go your arc reactor is likely to go and that isn't a good thing. Steve and Thor can't go because I don't want to overwhelm them with the difference in that world. Hermione can't go because I need her here in case something happens to me so she can keep you all alerted to any magical threats coming your way. Natasha and Clint, if anything does happen while we're there your weapons are all tech-based so they'd be useless."

"And what, pray tell, is your reason that I should not accompany you?" Loki asked from his spot leaning against the wall beside Thor, scowl showing his displeasure.

"Because while you may be better than you were before you'd still be willing to shoot first if they even looked at me wrong. We don't need a fight to break out." Harry said giving Loki a knowing look.

"And yet you think taking the man with outstanding anger issues and looks to you as his child is a good idea?" Loki asked, raising an eyebrow. "He seems like he shall be just as likely to strike first if they look at you wrong."

"I can control my temper. Especially in situations that need a level head even if I want to lose it." Bruce said from his own position by the door where he was dressed in a pair of dress slacks and a dress shirt with a blazer over it.

"Did everyone get it this time?" Harry sarcastically asked, looking around the room.

"Just be careful, Harry," Hermione said, leaning her head against Steve's shoulder, tightening her hold on his hand.

"I will be I don't plan on taking any unnecessary risks." He said with a grin.

"That may be true, but I also know that trouble tends to find you even when you aren't looking for it."

"I'll keep him safe and away from trouble," Bruce said, stepping forward and wrapped an arm around Harry's shoulder. "Now we really should head out before we're late."

"Bruce is right. Our meeting is soon. The last thing we want to do is make a bad impression by being late." Harry said after glancing at the clock.

"Happy is downstairs waiting with the car. He's going to drive you... and I won't take 'no' for that." Tony said stubbornly crossing his arms.

"Alright, that's fine, but he isn't following us. He's just going to drop us off." Harry warned him.

Pressing his lips together, Tony gave a nod, giving in.

"Good, great. Now we really need to go." Harry said, glancing at the clock. "We'll be back in a few hours... try not to sit around or pace around worrying."

Heading out of the room with Bruce following him, Harry stepped into the elevator and pressed the button that would bring them to the garage.

When the elevator reached the garage and opened, the two stepped out and Happy immediately opened the back door of the black car for them.