Chapter 26

Lilith's p o v :

Elliot, I don't know him. Who is he? This isn't the Elliot, Kartha was talking about to me... did he disappear? Is this someone else? Am I at the wrong place? I stare at his sleeping figure as all these questions run through my mind.

I startle when he suddenly opens his eyes, I place my hand on top of my uncontrolled heartbeat. "something wrong?" he asked, laying in the same spot on the sofa of the guest room. I shook my head. "I told you to go and sleep in your room, why are you still here?"

"you were burning, couldn't possibly leave you like that, besides these rooms are soundproof I wouldn't be able to hear you from my room." my eyes widen a little when he said soundproof but I quickly recover. "oh, well thanks. You can go now, I'm feeling much better. I'll handle it."

He smirks and just covers his eyes with his arm. I ignore him and go to the bathroom to freshen up. "ohfuck." I curse under my breath when I realize, my clothes aren't here. I sigh and just as I'm about to drop on the bed, Elliot speaks, making me flinch. "your clothes are in the closet."

"oh oh okay." I grab comfortable clothes and head to the bathroom. I hang my clothes on the hook and dispose my clothes in the laundry basket and stand under the cold water.

I stand there staring at the wall in front of me. How could Samuel think of me that way, we just got together. What's bothering me is the fact that these two are brothers and the way they acted was very weird. It was obvious they hadn't seen each other for a very long time and I wonder why.

I'm very grateful of Elliot, the way he took care of me yesterday made me feel some type of way. I don't know what but he helped me. He carried me to the car and to his condo and stayed with me the entire time, cuz I had a very bad fever. He didn't even go to his own room, stayed with me while I threw up everything I ate. He even cleaned up the wounds my mum left that I didn't notice were bleeding. And this is not what Kartha told me about him.

She kept saying how he was ruthless, a monster, but seeing him this way, I don't believe her anymore. But I don't trust Elliot either, I can't, not now. What if he isn't like that, it would be his victory if I were to trust him. I shake my head and just focus on the soothing sensation the cold water makes me feel.

I get out of the shower and look for the towel. "don't fucking tell me I didn't bring it." yeah I didn't bring it, why the hell do I always forget the towel?! I have to call Elliot now. I groan and open the door slightly and peek outside, he's still on the sofa.

"Elliot?" he turns to me and raises an eyebrow. "towel." he gets up and takes it from the closet. I bring my hand out the gap and take it. Elliot's hand stops me from taking it in. "what are you doing?" he stares at my arm and I move my gaze to where he's looking at and my breath hitches.

He's staring at the mark Kartha left when she hit me with dad's belt. I quickly pull it with full force and close the door. I stare at my reflection in the mirror, my heart aching, when I look at all the marks on my body. I hate these marks, that I don't even deserve. I quickly dress up and go out.

My eyes moving to Elliot pacing back and forth the room. He walks up to me, when he notices me standing by the bathroom door, still holding the knob. "are you okay?" his question surprised me, just like all of him since yesterday. I hesitantly nod. "yeah I am, w-" I decide not to ask the why cuz it will only make the convo longer and I couldn't afford that.

He grabs both my hands and he opens his mouth to say something but his phone starts ringing. "I gotta attend this." he says and rushes outside. I stare at the spot he was standing in, wondering what he was gonna say.

I shrug it off and decide to dry my hair. Waiting and waiting, he doesn't come back, I tried to not think about him but after yesterday for some reason I can't. I walk into living room, only to find it empty. Not a trace of Elliot. I just head back into my temporary or permanent room I don't know.

His condo was a mix of black and white with green decorations and plants, giving life to the condo. The door bell rings, I look at Elliot's room then the door, I repeat the same thing again and again. Then go unlock the door. "delivery for Vincent?" I look at the delivery guy, confused. "Vincent?" I ask him. He checks again and nods. I just smile awkwardly, whothefuck is Vincent.

A arm snakes around my waist pulling me back. Elliot keeps his head on top of my head. "that's me." and takes the bag with his free hand. He pulls me closer and kicks the door to close it. He removes his hand and pins me by the wall, caging me in between his arms. I blink while looking at him. He's shirtless, his hair wet, water dripping from it. My face starts burning up, I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato right now. His stare making butterflies flutter inside my stomach.

"you forgot my name?" he asks, but I don't answer, not being able to breath cuz of the closeness. "don't look at me like that, tesoro." he chuckles. I just blink at him. I duck down and escape from his arms. I look back at him and smirk. "can't blame me, what did you order??" I ask and sit down on the sofa.

"khao pad, thai food." he replies. "does it taste good?" he nods and takes out the food from the package and sets it up on the table. "dig in, I'll dress up and come."

"okayyy." I take the spoon, eat a bite and immediately regret it, the hot rice burning my tongue. "ahh shit!" I curse and fan my mouth with my hand, as if that'll make a difference. Elliot rushes up to me. "what's wrong?" he laughs when he notices its cuz of the food. I glare at him with my teary eyes.

"you find this funny? I fucking burnt my tongue, you asshole!" I say and throw a pillow on the sofa at him. He catches it, and continues laughing. He stops when he looks at me, at least tries to. "okay bubba, I'm sorry." he gets up and sits beside me. "what do you want me to do bout your burnt tongue huh?"

"I don't know..." he walks to the kitchen and comes back after 2 suspiciously long minutes. He sits beside me again and leans towards my face as I move back, he keeps leaning in closer till I'm laying on the sofa completely. "w-what are you doing?"

"you mind if I do something?" he asks, hesitantly. I look into his eyes, searching for an answer. I nod. He nods and moves away. "I'll stir the food around for a bit till its okay to eat in. I got a cold metal spoon for you to eat with." he hands it to me and sits away from me. "thank you." I smile at him. He nods in acknowledgement.

We both eat in a awkward silence and go to our respective rooms afterwards. I forgot to ask him what he was gonna talk to me about when I came back after showering, guess I'll have to ask that tomorrow.

*****
Writer's note:
My deluluness at its peak, its worseee in my mindd buttt this is the most i've written, hope you like the chapter!! Thoughts?

Have a great day!❤✨
Happy reading!