CHAPTER 10: DARK CLOUDS AND A RAVEN

The room for the carers was a rather simply furnished, yet cozy room

The room for the carers was a rather simply furnished, yet cozy room. White walls gave the room a bright and calming atmosphere. There were a number of comfortable chairs and sofas arranged around a central coffee table. Some shelves on the walls were decorated with medical books, plants and personal photos, which gave the room a personal touch. The windows let in natural light and offered a view of the residence's garden or forest. A gentle scent of disinfectants and flowers hung in the air, mixed with the soothing hum of the air conditioning.

Kim Jisoo and Kim Minji sat on the sofas, their faces showing signs of shock and confusion. The horrible news from their boss Jeon Jeongguk had seriously affected their mood. Kim Jisoo put his palms over his mouth, his eyes wide open in surprise and bewilderment. While his colleague Kim Minji leaned forward and rested her chin on her hand, she was lost in thought with a look of concern on her face.

The silence in the room was almost palpable, broken only by the quiet hum of the air conditioning and the occasional rustle of paper as one of them nervously fiddled with it.

The room, normally a place of calm and relaxation for the caregivers, was now filled with an unusually heavy atmosphere as Kim Jisoo and Kim Minji tried to process the shocking news and hold each other up.

"That's terrible..." whispered Kim Minji, stunned, after she had had half the day to process the news from Jeon Jeongguk.

But the mere thought of it sent shivers down her spine.

It was a painful stab in the heart that the difficult fate of young people left them with. Whenever they heard about such events, they felt the need to talk to each other about it. For this reason, Kim Jisoo nodded, even though he could hardly find the words, he said: "Kia will certainly take it with her that she found the boy like that. It's probably her fate that she's always in the wrong place at the wrong time." He sighed and shook himself once. "I mean, it was lucky for the boy, but I can imagine how cruel it must be to see someone like that."

Kim Minji nodded eagerly, feeling tears welling up in her eyes.

"What must that boy have experienced to go so far as to ... kill himself," she whispered reverently, as if speaking the act aloud was a bad omen, and the description alone was enough to revive fantasies, causing Kim Minji to begin sobbing.

The thought of such a young man who no longer wanted to live was so painful that she trembled.

Immediately, Kim Jisoo reached out his hand to her knee, stroking it gently and his sad eyes wandered to the floor. He tried to be strong, at least to stand by Kim Minji's side. He knew that the boy would need a lot of support and would not only need the help of the mental health professionals, but also that of the nurses. "He has survived. He's going to be fine and that's what matters now," he said, pressing his lips together. "We have to do everything we can to make him better."

Kim Minji sniffled softly, looking from the hand on her knee to her work colleague with wide, sad eyes. "Do you think we can do this?" she asked quietly, not really able to hide her doubts.