~Thirty Nine~

________________________________________________________________________________

When they returned to the hotel, Akanksha made him some biryani, the healthiest she could. Shubman helped her cut things and made the raita. More like he mixed it.

"Tum jao mai khana parosti hu." She said not looking back. Shubman snaked one of his arms around her waist, pulling the spatula from her hand.

"Shub, kya kar rhe ho? Tumhe practice pe bhi jana hai na? Jao aur jaldi change karke aao." Shubman pulled her away from the kitchen.

"Tum pehle change karke aao." He pushed her out. "Yaar par mujhe kahi nhi jana."

"Tum mere saath practice pe chal rhi ho. Mujhe tumhe meri team se milwana hai." He said excitedly, she nodded in response doing a quick change into a warm hoodie and jeans...his hoodie. As she walked out, her eyes landed on the bag she was carrying earlier. She held the bag in her hand and walked out.

"Shub?" He turned around to see her in his hoodie, he smiled. "Whoaa...you look so cute." He cooed, holding her tightly in his arms. Her fingers barely stuck out of the hoodie. She tightly wrapped her arms around him too.

"Shub..." He hummed and looked down at his girl. "Hmm?"

"Meri pehli kamai from my dream job," She pulled the small bag up to his face. He didn't know how to react but he accepted it. Pulling out a smallbox from the bag.

"Ye hai kya?" He asked her. Her lips formed into a sly smirk.

"Guess? Detail me jao, something you wanted to add to your collection." He thought for a second before coming to a simple conclusion. "A watch?" Akanksha smiled.

"The credit for everything I have now goes to mumma and you so this is my chota sa taufa." She winked up at him, his heart skipped a beat. In a rush but carefully she opened the lid of the box to see his favourite watch, something he had wanted to get for a long time but controlled on because he had a lot more things to pay for. He was also trying to save money.

"Seriously? Par ye toh-" "Shh." She placed her fingers on his lips, shushing him.

"Chalo, tum bhi change karlo, mai serve karti hu-" "Ho gya." He interrupted.

"Kya?" She asked, confused. "Maine already serve kardiya." He pulled her to the table and sat her down. And he himself sat opposite her, digging in immediately. She waited for him to eat first. As he put some biryani in his mouth, he moaned in delight. (Maybe you guys should clean your head or touch grass. Or maybe I should. :( )

"Kaisa hai?" She asked. He didn't reply and stuffed his mouth full again. "Bobhot baccha hai." He couldn't speak properly so he said that instead of 'bohot accha hai.' Akanksha laughed at his antics and ate her food as well.

"Waise recording kaise chal rha hai?" Her eyes shone brightly at his question. "Are bohot acche se chal rha hai. A.R Rahman sir bohot hi welcoming hai. Aur puri crew bhi bohot sweet hai." He loved hearing her talk, it made him feel special.

He was the only person she was that open to, but it worried him a little. What if they argue and she has no one to talk to as a result. Because she doesn't open up to anyone? He knew she had one best friend, Mannata but she lived in Australia. There was no way she could hang out with her. And what about when he would be away from her, and she has no one to really have fun with. He felt guilty that she left her life behind for him.

"Accha?" He replied to her excitement, wanting to hear more of it. "Haan...aur pata hai who else I'm working with?" Shubman shook his head.

"Arijit sir, my favourite singer! Aur wo bhi mujhe bohot feedback dete hai so I can be better. This is such a great learning experience." She continued talking and he listened and vice versa. They were ignorant to the hate that had started to spread on the internet.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ik this chapter's short but you're kinda gonna have to live with it until tomorrow 😔😔😔 so enjoyyyyy