~Forty One~

5 more to go after this 🥺🥺 I'm gonna miss my babiesssssss

________________________________________________________________________________

"Akanksha, what're you doing?" She asked, watching Akanksha agitatedly hover over Shubman's bag with his phone in her hand. Akanksha, already getting caught, barely slipped the phone in his bag.

"I'm sorry ma'am. Did I distract you?" She asked with a lowered head. She felt shameful at that moment, having read so many of the comments, they made her wonder how true they were. Did she really date Shubman because he was a cricketer? Was it because he had money?

But she made sure she wasn't seen with him most of the time and she never used any of his money. But this could've been because she wanted others to not think like she was. Maybe she really is a gold digging attention whore...

"-sha? You good?" Nataša asked.

"Oh?" She finally snapped out, "Uh...Yes ma'am." "Come on Akanksha, I've considered you my friend. Can't you do me a favour and call me by my name?" Akanksha hesitated. She couldn't. She was too big a person for her to call her so casually.

"No ma'am I could never. You're older than me, how can I call you by your name?" She said the excuse so cleanly no one could imagine the insecurity she felt standing next to Nataša. She really admired Nataša in the time they had talked. She felt the gap between them that couldn't be crossed. Never did she realise that was the gap that only needed a form of endearment to be filled.

Nataša moved closer and held Akanksha's hand, "Okay, not a friend then...maybe sister? No- call me bhabhi and Harry (Hardik) bhai. That's fine right?" How could she refuse Nataša with how she asked that of her. In the world that spoke such degrading things of her, she had found someone else who was willing to be close with her. Willing to accept her.

She nodded hesitantly.

"Okay bhabhi." She said shyly. "By the way, what were you doing?" Akanksha asked, hoping to move away from the fact that she had just entered Shubman's phone without his permission.

They talked for a bit more before their partners came walking in all sweaty asking for hugs...only to get rejected for how sweaty they were. They dejectedly went to get a shower only for Shubman to come out completely confused as to why his Instagram and twitter (X now- luckily I'm not on that thing) refused to work.

"Kya hua Shub?" Akanksha asked as if she hadn't change his password herself.

"Mera Instagram kaam nhi kar rha. It doesn't let me log in." She knitted her eyebrows at his response.

"Accha? Mera bhi kaam nhi kar rha." She lied through her teeth and he believed her. Nataša, who knew Akanksha had Shubman's phone, became slightly suspicious. She kept her eyes on Akanksha to know why.

"Are twitter bhi kaam nhi kar rha. Kuch kaam nhi kar rha." He looked slightly annoyed since he always used Instagram to talk to people but it wasn't working.

"Shub kabhi kabhi accha hota hai, phone use na karna. Uss bichare ko bhi break de do." She took the phone from him, holding it captive with her. Now no one could call him to tell him anything. He reluctantly gathered his things to go back to the hotel. They both said their goodbyes to everyone and drove back to the hotel. They had come to practise separately as Shubman was given half the day off to spend time with Akanksha and so they left. The ride back was unusually quiet at least that's what Shubman felt. But he didn't say anything, he understood that she needed space and so he gave it to her.

She made him something light to eat so he wouldn't be hungry later on in the night. Shubman fell asleep immediately from how tired he was. She looked down at Shubman's head against her chest. His eyes rested and his lips parted to form a slight curve of his lips. He looked so peaceful with his arms wrapped around her torso...but so was she.