~TWENTY ONE~

________________________________________________________________________________

"Bhai, ab khelna hai ya nhi?" Rohit nodded. "Ab toh acche se khelega na." He nodded, scanning the stadium to see exactly where she was. He chuckled when he found her exactly where she had sat last time. Wearing the exact same thing she did last time. He put his helmet back on, and stood in his stance. He looked back beside his dug out with intent. He nodded at the bowler. It came as a short ball which he pulled towards the leg. 

It went flying past all fielders on the leg side and into the stands. Akanksha dropped the paper with one hand, catching the ball in her right hand. With that he completed his half century. He stared in her general direction with his bat raised, acknowledging the crowd but especially her. She cheered loudly for him causing him to smile as he saw her figure jumping at a distance. He did acknowledge the crowd in other directions too but his bat  lingered in her direction for an odd second, almost telling her it was for her.

"WHOOOOOO!!!!! COME ON!!!!" She screamed at the top of her voice.

The camera panned to Akanksha who cheered louder. Shubman saw it on the screen and grinned harder at her. She took the initiative to throw the ball back on the field. She held up the paper once again, encouraging him to go on further.

Shubman was on 94 when once again, he launched the ball towards Akanksha, but sadly it went a bit too far from her. It was a 102 m six from him. He stepped forward taking his typical bow, and he pointed his bat straight at Akanksha. He wanted to dedicate the century to her. But sadly he didn't want her to be in the middle of the fire with his fans so he turned to the other side as well.

The game went on like normal but they lost two wickets, by the end of the day, both the openers had got out and it was Pujara and Kohli playing.

Even as Shubman walked out, everyone cheered for his 165 but he only looked at Akanksha with her thumbs up and smile. The sad thing about the dugout being right next to Akanksha was that she couldn't see him and he couldn't see her. So they just watched the match from separate places.

Day 1 ended at around 6:30 when Akanksha made it her mission to get out of the stadium and to her favourite place to be.

Shubman on the other hand, convinced Rohit to let him go to her.

For the next 3 days they tried to meet as frequently as possible. She couldn't make it to the match everyday but when she could, she made it there. When she couldn't for the match, she always came to the riverside waiting for him. Most of the time she was with Chitra so they usually went to a park or sometimes to the city. 

Akanksha helped Shubman find things that his family and friends would like as a souvenir when he went back. Every single shop they went to, she always looked at things for others. So Shubman made it his personal goal to be the one to find her things for herself. When he did find things for her, and tried to pay, she'd have already paid for it.

"Are yaar kuch toh pay kar lene do mujhe." She giggled and pushed him out of the shop muttering a small 'thank you' to the worker.

"Come on...Akanksha, mujhe pay karne do." She shook her head heartily. "Nhi Shubman, mai ye khudke liye kar rhi hu." Shubman dropped his whining wanting to know what she meant but she just kept walking.

"Akanksha, bata bhi do kyu?" He held her hand softly. She turned to face him, but then looked down at their hands, lacing it together. She let out a sigh of content. She loved the feeling of  "Reasons toh bohot hai, abhi ek batati hu, woh isliye ki mai tumhare saath aise izzat se khadi reh saku. I don't want to give anyone a reason to say anything about our relationship. Nothing like I used you or anything like that-'' Shubman cut her off, "Are aisa kuch nhi bolenge. Trust me." She shook her head.

"Nhi, tumhe bhi pata hai bolenge, Ishan sir bhi kuch keh rhe the na?" Shubman couldn't argue with that. She was right. "Isliye, I don't even want our relationship to be known. Warna bolenge 'it's a publicity stunt'. I'm sorry. Mujhe pata hai ye reasons bohot selfish hai. I just can't help feeling this way." Shubman understood where she was coming from but it was a bit too late. People had already started speculating with the way he almost dedicated his 150 in the test match to her. They had taken a few photos of them together too. People being nosey as they were put the two incidents together. A random girl in the stand and the girl he was seen with. Every time he opened social media it was full of questions about the relationship between the random girl from the stands and Shubman .

They even went through his other photos to see that the ones from the Perth show that Akanksha had taken, he was looking at the person taking the picture and not the camera. Some commented saying that Akanksha had been to his other matches too. And that Shubman always looked towards her. Which was true but not what they wanted them to know. Some comments spoke of her beauty while others spoke of the fact that she was seen with a child in their first match in Perth. Some had even found her social media accounts but luckily her account was private.

While Shubman thought of this...Akanksha thought of another reason to do her things herself...she needed to make sure she didn't rely on him too much. In case they weren't together anymore...she didn't want to imagine how difficult it would be to live her life if she got used to him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Girl's already decided that he'll leave her...god damn it...just give him a chance 🙄