Chapter 7: The Rest Of The Family

Wait! I know I had Chase say he was born in a brown house, but I have an explanation for why that's not Tristan's house. Chase got taken before he could open his eyes, right? So, he only remembers the house where he opened his eyes: one of the random places Slate's lackeys stay for only a day or two. The house, as Chase explained in the last story "Fragile Futures", was brown and was 3 blocks from where he was abandoned. Anyway, back to the story.

Tristan drove Chase and Marshall to a cabin just a mile away from the police station but only a few feet outside the city to the point where you could still say "I live in this city". Once they arrived, Tristan and the two pups got out and came into the living room. Chase admired the cabin and how it's structurally designed and supported. Marshall just likes the cabin in general. Tristan called out to his wife and kids.

Tristan: Sammy! Dolly! Boys! I'm home!

Sammy: (from distance) I heard Harris talk to me on the phone. (She comes into view of the three) He said that you got a surpri - - (sees Chase)

Dolly: Mom! Help! (Runs behind Sammy) The boys are fighting agai- - (stops and sees Chase)

Patchy: The surprise is for me!

Fluffy: No, it's for all of us! Why won't you share?!

The arguing brothers run behind Dolly and their mother and stop at the sight of Chase and Marshall.

Tristan: Sammy. Dolly. Boys. This is Chase and Marshall.

Dolly: Oh! My gosh! (Runs around Chase and Marshall in a circle) Ohmigosh! Ohmigosh! Ohmigosh! Oh my gosh! (Stops running) You're from the PAW PATROL! I am a HUGE fan! And I never got to say. Chase is quite a hunk

Marshall: (Chase is speechless at the sight of his sister) Yep. We sure are. And you're not the first pup to think that way about Chase. By the way, when your dad came to the Lookout, and showed us a picture of you guys, Rubble instantly got a crush on you.

Dolly: Rea- -Rea - -Really?! (Squeals and faints)

Patchy: Welp. That broke her. Rubble's her favorite pup.

Fluffy: Is Chase okay? (Sees Chase frozen, staring at his brothers)

Tristan: Guys. Chase . . . is our long-lost son.

The room fell in shock and disbelief. Dolly woke up to hear that.

Chase: Yep. Marshall, give me a paw.

Marshall lifts Chase's arm revealing the birthmark. Sammy and Chase's siblings gasp. Sammy's eyes fill with tears, and she rushes forward, embracing Chase. Tightly.

Sammy: (tearfully) My boy.

Chase: (quietly) Mom.

Patchy: Told you, Fluffy. Dad always said he'd find our missing brother.

Fluffy: Hey. I think I saw you somewhere.

Chase: (Sammy lets go) Where?

Fluffy: When that storm of storms hit Adventure Bay. I was on the road, trying to find everyone because we got separated. And I saw Humdinger Heights horizontally on another building.

Chase: (gasps) I was there that day.

Dolly: And Fluffy saw that there there was a huge gap. About 10 feet long. And he saw a German Shepherd trying to grapple his way to the other side. But the wind caught the hook and nearly brought him down. He didn't see where his hat went when it came off. Then his backpack came off and landed right in front of him.