Chapter 13: The Un-brainwashing

Vincent Slate: But I won't stop there as a kidnapper. I'll try a new field: using my new troops to rob and pillage wherever I choose. But right now,  I can knock you out and hand you over to my boss with their help. Then she'll leave me alone. (Snaps his fingers) Take 'em out! 

Marshall: (backing away from his Uncle Gage) Uncle Gage! Snap out of it! Please!

Skye: (starting to get cornered by her own family) Bert! It's me! Your sister! What's wrong with you? Kenna? Grace? Holley, stop this!

Liberty: Tony! Please! Who would sell fruit with you working with "Baldy"! And dude, (talking to the big guy she knew from the subway) I thought you'd turn your life around.

Liberty's big human friend smashes the ground and Carmen does a flip and kicks Liberty. Liberty's shocked that Carmen took acrobatics as a class in school.  Then, Chase comes in protecting Skye.

Skye: Chase! What are you doing? (Chase grabs Skye's collar with his teeth and tosses her to the center of the room with the others) Whoa!

 Chase: That's what I was doing! Saving my rescuer!

Skye smirks then Chase looks to Bert with worry.

Chase: Bert, girls, listen to me. Would your mother allow this? Your father?

Bert: The great Vincent Slate has enlightened me. I will do what orders come from he.

Chase: Bert, please. Your sister misses you! She misses all of you!

Skye: I do!

Chase: Please. You have to fight it.

Just as when Bert was about to slap Chase, the Cockapoo pilot's family freezes and starts shaking and backing away, with agonizing screams. Everyone looks at the pups and Skye looks with horror. They move like a robot shorting out. Then with one final howl, the tick comes off and does a tiny, bite-sized explosion. Bert and his sisters drop and Skye runs over.

Skye: Bert? Holley?! Kenna, please wake up! Grace? Please.

Bert: (weakly) Sis?

Everyone in the PAW Patrol gasps and Skye hugs her brother tightly. Then Marshall, being pinned by Uncle Gage, looks at him in the eye and does the same thing Chase did.

Marshall: Uncle Gage! It's me! Your favorite nephew! Okay, I guess I'm your ONLY nephew, but you got to stop this! I remember the fire marshal that doesn't stop until everyone's saved! I remember the Uncle Gage who is the most selfless fire dog I know! Please, Uncle Gage! You're the only biological family I have left!

Then Gage does the same thing and the tick comes off. He pants and breathes heavily. Marshall runs over.

Gage: (weakly) What hit me?

Marshall chuckles and hugs his uncle. Later, after Liberty has done the same, and Rodriguez was back, she guides everyone out. They follow Rodriguez to the surface. But there is still at least 80 people and pups left! They close in on our heroes like zombies.

Vincent Slate: (mockingly) Aww, too bad your mushy act doesn't work on people you don't know! Ha ha! Get them!

Fluffy: This is bad! 

Rubble: Come on. It can't be THAT bad. 

Tot: Our Father, Who art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, On earth as it is in Heaven . . . 

Zuma: You were saying?

Skye: What do we do?!

Zuma: Slate's right. We can't do the same thing again. There's still more of those robot ticks taking control of their minds.