Chapter 9: The Incident

Tristan and the pups race out of the police station and on their way to the car to save the occupants of Adventure Bay. Tristan looks back to Sergeant Harris and starts giving orders.

Tristan: Danny, I need you to send a couple officers and yourself to my cabin. My family could be in danger.

Sgt. Harris: I'll protect them like my own, sir!

Tristan: Good. And stay there until I get back. Keep me posted on how Adrianna's doing with the other towns.

Sgt. Harris: I will!

Chase: Come on, Dad! We don't have much time!

Then Tristan hops into the car and Chase and Marshall follow. Tristan starts it up and turns on the siren. Then he put the pedal to the metal! The car sped out of the street and into the highway. Meanwhile, Skye looks to the horizon at the Lookout. Her bestie Everest walks over.

Everest: Hey, Skye.

Skye: Oh. Hey, Everest. Still miss Marshall, huh?

Everest: Yeah. I got his email a few hours ago. But I can't help but worry about him. 

Skye: (smiling) Don't worry, Everest. Marshall and Chase are strong and resilient pups. They'd do ANYTHING to see us again. 

Everest: I guess you're right. 

Then a white van pulls up and is unheard by anybody there. Rocky, Zuma and Liberty were trying to figure out if Chase's comment about the Junior Patrollers yesterday by doing a three-on-three tug of war. And the Junior Patrollers let go of the rope when they see the van. This sends the three pups flying into Rubble who was in his own world thinking about Dolly.

Liberty: Who needs Marshall to let go of the rope in tug of war if you got those puffballs?

Everyone chuckles. Then they stop once they see the van. They look at the van at an angle where they don't see the driver and two passengers come out the other side. The three people were none other than Vincent Slate and his lackeys Rico Swift and Lena Vortex. They don't see Everest or Skye since the van is blocking their view.

Rocky: What's that van doing here?

Rubble: I don't know. Seriously. I don't know. All I can think about is Chase's sister.

The Junior Patrollers: (teasingly) Oooooh.

Back to Everest and Skye. Their ears twitch at hearing quiet footsteps coming toward them.

Skye: Did you hear something?

Everest: Not sure.

Skye: Well, I - - (her mouth got covered by Lena's hand, which is carrying a rag).

Everest: (alarmed) SKYE! (the same got happened to her by Rico Swift)

Back to the other pups, who were exiting the back exit of the Lookout with Ryder trying to find out what that noise was they heard from Everest.

Ryder: Skye? Everest? Girls?!

Zuma: Yo, dudettes! Where are you?

Then they hear something where the white van was. Muffled cries and whimpers, along with metal thumping. They race over to the back of the white van, just 6 feet away from it and what they saw in the van made all their hearts sink. Skye and Everest were tied up and thrown into the back of the van. Vincent Slate closes the back door.

Vincent Slate: Look around. There could be more.

Liberty: Dude! We're right here!!

Ryder: Alright, pal. Tell us what you're doing with our friends.