Chapter 11: The Brief Aftermath

The car arrives where the van once was. The only thing left was Chase's PupTag and collar. Ryder and the pups get out and rush over to the small remnant of their captured friend. Ryder kneels down and slowly picks it up.

Ryder: No. Not again. (Remembering what happened when Chase ran away in PAW Patrol: The Movie)

Ryder shuts his eyes and grasps the collar and tag tightly.

Dolly: Where's Chase?

Skye: (head faced down and starts to cry) Chase . . . Chase is . . . gone.

Fluffy: Oh no.

Marshall: (growls and walks over to a rock) When I find those crooks, I'm gonna kick them in the - - ! (Tries to kick it but gets himself hurt) Oww! (Sighs) I should have had his back.

Rubble: Well. (Sniffles) At least I get to meet you, Dolly. (Looks at Chase's sister)

Dolly: (in her thoughts showing a shocked expression on her face) Cool it, Dolly girl. It's just your favorite pup. On your long-lost brother's team. Which you have a crush on. Talking to you. Eeeeeeee! (Faints)

Patchy: Poor Chase. (Sniffles. Then all sadness goes away and starts smirking at Skye) Oh well. So, Skye. Babe. Now that Chase is gone, wanna hang out with me? (Raises his eyebrows up and down)

Skye: I'll DEFINITELY pass. (Feeling uncomfortable and not pleased with Patchy's flirting move)

Nano: What do we do?

Mini: Without Chase . . .

Tot: We're outmatched, dog!

Liberty: The puffballs are right. Chase was the best of us.

Ryder: I don't know how we'll find him now.

Tristan: (listening to the others' grief and face glows up with an imaginable lightbulb above his head) I got it.

Then Tristan walks to Ryder and the mourning pups.

Marshall: He gave everything to save you guys. Remember that. (Starts showing tears)

Everest: (with Marshall sobbing on her shoulder) It's okay, Marshall. (Sniffles and voice breaking) Chase was a true leader to the end. 

Skye: He always put others before himself. Even if it means . . . (sobbing) risking his own life.

Then Skye drops her head on the ground, paws on her eyes, sobbing like someone reached into her heart and took out the most important stuff. 

Ryder: (kneels down to pet Skye's head) Don't cry, Skye. (with a heavy heart) We'll get him back.

Rocky: Not sure if it's possible.

Tristan: Oh yes, it's possible!

Everyone looks at Tristan, who suddenly has a wave of confidence washing over him.

Tristan: (clears throat and says inspirational-like) I know it's tough, seeing Chase in this situation. But my son wouldn't want us drowning in gloom. He's a fighter, and he'd want us to keep fighting too. For Adventure City. Chase has faced challenges before, and every time, he stood strong. 

Marshall: (starts to be less gloomy and more hopeful) Yeah! Remember when we first got superpowers and he took control of the mission when we were caught by Harold's robot?

Rocky: (starts getting more hopeful) Yeah. And don't forget. He made thag10-feet long jump at Humdinger Heights least 70 feet above the ground! Just to save Ryder!