1.4 i look at her and i'm all that I see

Trigger warning! Mentions of sexual assault and domestic violence is included in this chapter.

Addie was frozen, staring into the dead brown eyes that are now standing 10 feet away from her. She barely noticed Chris step in front of her while pulling his phone out of his pocket, probably telling Matt to come outside. Chase stared back at Addie, a small smile on his lips.

He looked exactly the same, he had the same dark blonde hair, the same crooked teeth that Addie once found cute. The scar on his neck had faded a lot, she noticed. She was taken out of her thoughts as Matt slammed the front door open, instantly sprinting to join Chris and Addie.

"Got a lot of boys coming to your defense I see." Chase scoffed, slowly walking down the steps of Addie's porch. "I must be a popular conversation starter for you."

Chase's attention was taken away from Addie once he heard the door opening behind him, watching Nick and Alahna peek their heads out. Matt motioned for them to close the door, since they were a lot closer to Chase than they were.

Nick widened his eyes at the situation, before quickly shutting the door. It was silent, so Nick dead-bolting the door excruciatingly loud. Addie almost laughed.

"Even more, eh?" Chase laughed, turning forwards to look at Addie again. "Did you like my flowers, mamas?" He asked, making Addie shudder with disgust. He was the one who broke into her house the other week. Him and that fucking nickname he can't pull off.

"Fuck." Addie muttered, tears welling in her eyes.

"You need to fucking leave, now." Chris shouted at Chase, leaning back into Addie so she could bury her face in his shoulder. Addie wrapped her hand around Chris' arm once she felt him shaking, more than likely from his anger.

"Her dad is on the way, and I'm sure you don't want to be here when the cops pull up." Matt added on, making Addie look at him.

He caught her eye contact and nodded, letting her know he was telling the truth. Her heart warmed at how serious they were all taking this, without knowing what Chase had done to her.

"Did you lie to them too, Adeline?" Chase spat, taking a step forward. "Told them that I hit you? That I raped you?" He scoffed, running a hand through his hair. Addie sucked in a deep breath, instantly feeling Matt wrap his arms around her shoulders.

"Leave, I won't fucking tell you again." Chris spoke harshly, starting to take a step forward but Addie stopped him. She would hate for Chris to fight him, to give him more of a reaction than he already did.

"Alright, I'll go." Chase lifted his arms in surrender, waiting for Addie to meet his eyes before speaking once more. "But I will be back for you, Addie." With that he turned and left, just as her dad pulled into the driveway.

Addie instantly broke down in tears, her legs giving out. Matt and Chris caught her before she could hit the ground, Chris picking her up to take her inside as her father approached the group. They walked into the house otherwise silent, the only sound heard was Addie's sobs.

Chris sat down on the couch, keeping Addie in his lap. He ran a soothing hand through Addie's hair, doing his best to not let his own tears fall. He felt so guilty about what Chase had said, what he had done to his Addie. Chris knows he couldn't have done anything in reality, but he deeply wishes he could have.