2.9

14 hours.

14 hours have passed since Addie arrived at the hospital. She was currently slumped outside of Chris' hospital room, in one of those uncomfortable waiting room chairs. Chris was in the ICU so the only visitors allowed were immediate family.

Addie's knees were pressed to her chest, resting her head on top of her knees, doing her best to try and get some sleep. The chemical smell that floats through the hospital was starting to make her nauseous but she refused to leave.

She wasn't moving from her spot until Chris was out of the woods. Addie heard the door to Chris' room open, but didn't lift her head to acknowledge it. Mary Lou and Jimmy had joined Matt and Nick about 4 hours ago, so she was for sure not over stepping with them here now.

Mary Lou and Jimmy did greet Addie when they arrived, unsure of what to feel with so many things going on. Addie reassured them she would be there whenever they were ready, and Chris should absolutely come first.

"Do you think she's asleep?" Nick whispered, making the girl want to move but physically couldn't bring herself to do it.

"Probably, I can't believe she's still here." Matt replied, before she heard footsteps fading away from her. She gently lifted her head, wincing at the sore ache that had settled on her neck.

"Addie." Mary Lou suddenly spoke, startling the girl,

"Yeah?" She whispered, as she turned around to see her and Jimmy standing in the doorway.

Mary Lou offered her a small smile, "Would you like to see him?" Addie's heart dropped, but she nodded anyway. Mary Lou and Jimmy stepped out of the room to let Addie slip inside, softly closing the door behind her.

Addie took a step forward, her eyes falling on Chris. He had light bruises on his face, small cuts with white strips on top. His arms laid at his sides, something Addie could tell wasn't comfortable for him. He was always a stomach sleeper, always joking that people who slept flat on their backs were just preparing for death.

Addie sat down next to Chris, unsure of what to do. Should she talk to him? Should she hold his hand? Would he even want her here? Addie noticed he had a hair resting out of place, and gently pushed it away from his face.

Resting her arms on the side of his bed, careful not to disturb him, "I'm sorry, Chris." She whispered, doing her best to keep her tears at bay.

"I can't believe this happened to you, to Matt. You've got to pull through, you just have too." She continued, gently drumming her fingers against the railing of the bed.

"I never got to tell you so many things, and I can't stand the thought of not being able to tell you that I love you one last time."

Addie sniffled, tears steadily rolling down her cheeks, "I know you probably didn't think I was after everything I did, but I truly loved you. Hell, I still love you. After all of these years, I just can't seem to let you go. Just the thought of losing you drives me crazy, so I'm gonna need you to wake up." Addie whimpered, letting her eyes fall shut as she spoke.

"You have to wake up for Matt. For Nick. For your parents, your fans. Selfishly for me too, but I know I'm at the bottom of the list as I should be. I don't think the world will keep spinning if Christopher Sturniolo isn't in it anymore. So you need to wake up." She finished, lifting one hand to wipe her tears. She sat in silence, letting her hand rest over her eyes to block out the bright hospital lighting.