2.8

Nick never called or texted Addie in the following 2 weeks, and she took it as a sign they wanted nothing to do with her. Addie can't blame them, she just up and disappeared from their lives with no explanation.

Addie was currently pacing her room, clutching her phone in her hand tightly in disbelief. She had finally gained the courage to post a song she wrote years ago, and it had blown up over night. Her instagram was basically broken with the amount of followers and likes, unable to do much other than watch the numbers continue to grow.

She couldn't help but wonder what Nick, Matt, and Chris thought of her song, wishing desperately they would reach out and congratulate her. But they didn't. She had written the song about her teenage years, some while she was away and some while she was in Boston. She thought they'd reach out and tell her they're proud, but it seems the damage was fatal this time.

They were just on instagram promoting their Friday video, and not a peep out of them. Addie followed all 4 of their accounts, but never received a follow back. Addie knew they wouldn't, but a small part of her had hoped they would.

Addie followed the link from Matt's instagram story, to show yet again another car video. Addie finally laid down in her bed, and got comfortable for the next 20 minutes while she watched the video.

This video was them doing their top 3's of random categories.

"Top three childhood memories." Nick read off his phone screen, before locking the device and setting it down on the chair beside him.

Matt was the first to speak, "I'd have to say one of my top 5 memories of all time would be all the times we went to the ice cream shop, with Addie." He grinned, confusing rolling onto his face as Nick and Chris' expressions fell flat. He had somehow forgotten Addie was once again a sore subject, used to casually bringing her up.

"Those were good times." Chris murmured back, seemingly quieter than he was before.

Addie instantly paused the video, setting her phone down. All this time and this is when they bring her up? She was still on their minds but not enough to get a text or phone call? Addie didn't understand it, but she knew she had to accept it for what it is.

Nick shook his head slightly, "I agree, but I think the neighborhood picnic with Addie was the most fun we'd ever had together." He laughed fondly, thinking of the time Addie and Chris had gotten in loads of trouble for the amount of pranks they pulled off.

"Should we tell them about Addie?" Chris asked, nodding towards the camera. The three boys shared a glance.

"Addie was one of our childhood best friends, she actually just let out a song yesterday." Matt started, making Chris' jaw drop. Was?

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" Chris whined, shoving Matt's shoulder. He pulled out his phone and the camera cut, probably due to Chris listening to Addie's song.

"That song made me feel things in a good way." Chris grinned softly at the camera, "Took me back to when I was 17 real quick."

Nick nodded in agreement, "I loved how she mentioned her cherry Coke, that's so on brand for her." He laughed, making his brothers join in.

So that must be why Addie's notifications blew up, and the song. She turned off the video, seeing it only had a few seconds left and went downstairs to try and have a snack.